PDA

View Full Version : Hard Choice but I belive its the best.....

ChewmonkeyBC
11-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Im thinking about putting our GP Mrs.Missy down....Shes blind outa one eye,she has lost lots of wieght,she cant walk strait,shes got a tilt to her head and the side shes blind in looks like it swollen.....so im thinking about putting her down...What do yall think?

-Kay

FCR:)

luckies4me
11-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Head tilt could possibly be due to an inner ear infection and the swelling could possible be an abscess. Have you taken her to the vet? Being blind in one eye is nothing to put an animal down for. My hairless girl Wrinkles (rat) has only one eye, but I love her just the same.

But first see if her symptoms can be cleared before you think about euthanizing her. :)

ChewmonkeyBC
11-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Hi,
When I take her to the vet im going to try to see what he thinks about it,i dont really want to put her down but all of a sudden she will start itching and srcatching and she will flop over on her back with her mouth open in pain....i can stand to watch her....she is almost a year or two(if im right) and she is so tiny,like her growth is stunt......iv come to belive that her head is tilt because,her eye shes blind in is pointed to the ground while the other one pointed where she can see better...so im guessing its so that she can see a lil better,but i never thought about ear infection that could be it as well.......this poor lil girl has had such a rough life i hope that she gets better.....

Thanks
-Kay

FCR

RockyRoad
11-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Good luck. I hope she does not have to be put down either. My prayers will be with you.

ChewmonkeyBC
11-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Thank you,
I hope every thing comes out ok.

-Kay

FCR:)

tatsxxx11
11-17-2002, 07:08 PM
As a piggie Mom myself, my heart breaks at the thought of you losing your baby. I would definitely wait for the vet's recommendation. Many pets lead happy lives without full sight or no sight at all. It does sound like she may have an infection in her ear/and or her eye. Please give her a hug from me. We'll be praying for her and hoping for the best.

Sudilar
11-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Don't make any decisions til you talk to the vet. There may be something that can be done. Don't give up yet. Good luck.

ChewmonkeyBC
11-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Missy Is getting MUCH worse!!I was feeding them sum carrots when i noticed that she had lost lots of hair and lost much more weight.....So im going to call the vet today......My aunts GP did the same thing before it had trouble breathing and died:(......gotta run now.......I will post latter more details.....
-Kay

FCR

tatsxxx11
11-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Poor Missy:( Please let us know how she is. Love, Sandra, Squeeker and Moonbeam.

tatsxxx11
11-20-2002, 07:35 PM
How is Missy???:confused:

tatsxxx11
11-25-2002, 03:22 PM
Still wondering how Missy did....:confused:

ChewmonkeyBC
11-26-2002, 08:25 PM
Sorry I havent been able to get online latley.....
Missy whent to rainbow bridge:(:(

Kay

FCR

tatsxxx11
12-16-2002, 11:51 AM
:(:(:(RIP precious Missy. My piggies Squeekers and Moonbeam are putting their paws together for you and your Mommy and sending you their prayers. I know how heartbroken your Mommy must be. But, I think right now, you're popcorning and wheeking up a storm, scampering through fields of sweet meadow hay with all the other Rainbow piggies, there at the sunny Rainbow Bridge. Bless you precious Missy. And lots of hugs to your Mommy. Sandra, Squeeker and Moonbeam.

Desert Arabian
12-16-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this bad news! That's exactly what happened to my old GP-Klein Hans. He was blind, stoped eating, and he never moved- he stayed in the same spot for days. We put him to sleep, and he was laid to rest in the old lettuce garden we grew for him at our old house in Milwaukee. I'll never forget how everytime we'd open up the crisper drawer in the fridge, we could hear him down the hall squeeking/weeping really loud because he knew him veggies were comming. :D :D Again, sorry to hear the news! :(

Snuggles
01-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Head tilt could possibly be due to an inner ear infection and the swelling could possible be an abscess. Have you taken her to the vet? Being blind in one eye is nothing to put an animal down for. My hairless girl Wrinkles (rat) has only one eye, but I love her just the same.

But first see if her symptoms can be cleared before you think about euthanizing her. :)

Have you taken her to a vet? If so, it might be the best choice.