PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy to announce...

moosmom
04-30-2012, 07:02 PM
No, I'm not pregnant!

Miss Isis has found a new furever home!!! I couldn't ask for a better home! A woman from Mystic, CT came to meet her today and it was the perfect match!!!

I am taking a respite from rescue. I have to do this for both me (my sanity) and my cats. In an effort to reduce my cat pop, I had to make a difficult decision. Siobhan spent over 2 hours today playing with Isis on the floor. She had a glowing vet reference (same vet as me!) and has 3 other Sphynxes.

I'll be doing a home visit beforehand. I will miss her but I KNOW this is for the best!!

Karen
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Congratulations on finding Miss Isis a new, proper home. Sounds like a good one, and a step in the right direction for all concerned.

mrspunkysmom
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Congrats, Donna. :love: Instinct is good. I hope it checks out, but the good vet reference is a positive sign. :D

Catty1
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Is this Utchie's girlfriend?

I am glad you have found a wonderful home for her. :):love: Judging from the cat pile on your heated throw, Utchie will not lack for company!:D

moosmom
05-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Catty1,

Yes, this is Utchie's current girlfriend. It hit me last night that after tomorrow night, she'll be gone. But, like I said, it is for the best.

She's going to a home with 4 cats, including 3 nekkids. She'll have a bff too, as there's one other female Sphynx. I go by my gut instincts and I was spot on!! Siobhan didn't hesitate in showing me her photo id and offered it FIRST, before I even asked!!

I feel very good about my decision. I also feel wonderful about taking a break from rescue. It was like a whole bunch of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I still plan on fighting for animal rights and changing the abuse laws in CT. Afterall, I ain't dead, YET!!!

phesina
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
AWWWWWWWWWW.... All sounds purrrrrfect!

Congratulations to Isis and her new family, and GOD BLESS YOU, Donna!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
We pray that Utchie B is not too sad that Isis will no longer be there:(
But soometimes circumstances alter what we do, and we pray that Miss Isis will enjoy her New Home and Companions!!!:love::love:

momcat
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey Donna, this sounds like a match made in heaven! Isis will have other Sphynx playmates and this woman sounds like she knows the special care these kitties need. The biggest thing in my mind is Isis will be seeing the same vet! He knows her and all her records are right at hand. I'm sorry to see her go to a new home but she'll be loved and very well cared for. Do you have visitation with the agreement?

moosmom
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Absolutely!

moosmom
05-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Siobhan texted me this morig to say her landlord decided 4 cats was eough.

She said he never told her there was a 4 cat limit. MY FAULT. Should've talked to the landlord. She had her lease which okayed cats (no amount listed) and she paid a pet deposit. So, Isis will be home FOR GOOD as of tomorrow. Things happen for a reason. Utchie misses her a LOT. Finding these guys a home is very stressful. I've been getting calls from idiots (one woman wanted me to ship her to Colorado!)

So, that's it.