PDA

View Full Version : Help with my iPod touch

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Can anyone help me out with my ipod touch? Desktop computer is no longer working so I'm trying to set it up on my new laptop. downloaded itunes but can't figure out how to transfer my songs from my ipod to the computer and I don't want to sync it and erase what is on there. Help!

Karen
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Robin, is your desktop computer a Mac or a PC? Are you able to turn it on at all? There is no EASY way to get music off an iPod touch to a new computer, but there are things to do if the old machine is completely dead ...

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 12:03 PM
The old computer will stay on for awhile and then shut down. It no longer allows me access to my itunes. Its says the program no longer exists along with my browser also. I am so frustrated! I paid for all this stuff. It is all on my ipod. does apple think your computer lasts forever and that you don't use other computers? Just don't understand why I can't put my ipod on my new laptop. so freaking crazy! Why does apple make this so hard? I've alway loved my ipod touch. big fan of apple and wanted someday to have an apple computer and phone but this has really bothered me and i don't know if I feel that way anymore. sorry I know I'm ranting but I'm soooooo frustrated.

Karen
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
You cannot just upload from you iPod so people can not just steal music by passing the iPods around. The preferred method (by Apple) is to go from one computer to the next, but there is a work-around if the old computer is just plain dead.

This link will walk you through it:
http://lifehacker.com/5869827/how-to-copy-music-from-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch-to-your-computer-for-free

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I did that. All my music and my apps are gone. :(

Karen
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Which one, Robin? There are several options there ...

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
I downloaded the sharepod for windows

Karen
04-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I did that. All my music and my apps are gone. :(

Gone from your iPod already?

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
There is nothing on my ipod now. No music, photos or apps. Its all gone.

When I try to pull up iTunes on my crappy desktop it says "no application can be found". Is there anything I can do to find it?

Karen
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Robin - is it a Windows machine? What can you tell me about it?

RobiLee
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
It's an HP laptop with Windows 7. The messed up desktop is an HP with Window Vista.

Karen
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I'll see what I can find out. The good news is that anything you purchased should still be in your account at Apple, I'll see what I can find out about accessing it on your new machine.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Robin, if you bought all your songs through iTunes then you should be able to access them again via iTunes.

It automatically saves everything you buy/download from Apple in the event of a computer loss or transfer or a new iPod, etc.

I'm trying to remember how to do it, but there is a way you can download everything again... I'll do some investigating and get back to you as soon as I figure it out.

ETA: When you sign into iTunes and go to the store, click music within the store. And then on the right hand side there's a menu labeled "Music Quick Links" and underneath that there's a thing that says "Purchased" Click purchased and it should take you to everything you've ever bought or downloaded through iTunes and it'll allow you to download it all again :). Hope that helps!