PDA

View Full Version : Recipes - veggies

Randi
04-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I thought perhaps this will go well together with hot chicken wings, and I found this recipe that is quite simple and easy, but I have never made aubergines that way. Have any of you tried it?

Baked aubergines (eggplant)

4 medium-sized long aubergines
2 cloves garlic, peeled
extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) mark 4.

2. Trim off the stalks, cut the aubergines lengthwise in half and make deep intersecting cuts in the exposed flesh to form a lattice design. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle with the finely chopped garlic, pressing it down into the deep cuts in the flesh.

3. Oil a roasting tin and arrange the aubergines, cut sides uppermost, in a single layer. Sprinkle the cut surfaces with olive oil and bake for about 35 minutes or until the aubergines are tender and are lightly browned on the surface. Serve hot.

pomtzu
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Absolutely - and it is delish!!! I like it even better when fried. I just use a seasoned flour mix - any seasoning you like such as garlic, onion, pepper, etc. Dip slices of eggplant in an egg mixture and coat with flour mix, and pan fry till golden brown. I've also done eggplant lasagna - use eggplant in place of the lasagna noodles.

Randi
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
That sounds good, too. :) Well, they're in the oven, so we'll see.

Koxka made some really good aubergines and other veggies in the oven, when she visited me years ago, but that took more than hour.