PDA

View Full Version : And Then There Were Eight!!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Yes, I ended up adopting another cat on Sunday April 29th. Even though Colby is fitting in very well, Alani & Blaze don't really play with him very much. He's either by himself or he comes to me to play with him. I've also always done better with an even number of cats so I wanted to get Colby a playmate. I know that kitten season is already starting but I didn't want to adopt a very young kitten. I found a very handsome short haired orange tabby classic with green eyes and they think he's 8 months old but the vet that saw him said that he may be even younger and more like 6 months old. He's very tiny and is even smaller than Pearl and Colby. Right now he's known as Finnegan and I'm not sure if I'll change his name or not. I was trying to think of a good "D" name for him because the last three cats that I've adopted have been A,B, & C but I haven't been able to come up with anything that I liked. Any suggestions are welcome. I do think that an Irish name suits him though so any other Irish name suggestions are also welcome.

He was found in a yard in East Palo Alto and I adopted him from Bay Area Cat Rescue. I met him at his foster mom's house on Sat. but this rescue group won't let you adopt a cat the same day that you meet them. They want you to sleep on it first and they you make arrangements with them to bring the cat over to your home. He arrived here a little after 6pm on Sunday April 29th. He's in my second bedroom which will soon become another room for all of my cats to hang out in just as soon he's comfortable in his new home and has been introduced to everyone. He's been eating and using both litter boxes so far. One for pee and the other for poo. He's also been playing with a mouse that squeaks because I can hear it outside the door. He's still hiding under the bed and he's still very shy. He does have a loud motor and he loves to purr. He also has very soft fur. I've held him and petted him but he's still very scared. His foster mom only had him for 1 week and he was still confined to her bathroom. She said he does like other cats and he doesn't growl or hiss at them. Sky met him briefly and neither one of them hissed. I have a picture of him and a short video that his foster mom took of him. Enjoy!!!:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Finnegan_1806-6-8monthsold.jpg

Here's his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mwW6VGtVk&feature=youtu.be

phesina
04-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Ohhhhh! Gorgeous orange boy! Welcome HOME!!!!!

kittycats_delight
04-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Handsome boy he is for sure. :)

First thing I thought when you said D names was the name Diego. But here are a few Irish origin names.

Donel
Donovan
Doyle (which I personally love)
Duffy
Declan

Congrats to Colby on getting himself a new brother to play with and congrats to you on the new beautiful baby boy. <3

chocolatepuppy
04-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Oh my gosh, he's adorable! You're home is really filling up with kittys!:D

ChrisH
04-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Oh, my, he is gorgeous! :love: Congrats to you both.

I like the name Finnegan, I think it suits him, but if you're looking for Irish names beginning with D I can think of, amongst others, Declan, Dara, Devlin ... :)

Randi
04-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Aww, he's adorable!!! :love: He seems to adjust really fast... already purring and wanting scritches. I bet he'll be friends with the others soon. Congratulations!! :D

One name I didn't see on the other posts is Darcy, that's supposed to be Irish, also.

Bengalz
04-30-2012, 09:19 AM
This little baby is too die for ... the video just did me in this morning - total mush!! Congratulations - you have managed to overwhelm us once again:D. Welcome to PetTalk little fellow - you're gonna like it here:love:.

D names ... hmmm

Donovan or
He looks like a Darby or a Daniel to me:D.

KAK if you keep this up you have to become a stay-at-home Mom !!!

Catty1
04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
GORGEOUS boy!

Denny? Danny?

catmandu
04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
My Dear Michael Angel who passed on at 20 would love if you could put Michael somewhere in your New Owesome Orangies name!!:love::love:
All of My Many Owesome Orange Angels are pleasded and we pray that the socializations go well:love::love:
We look forward to seeing Orange in your Cat Pile!!!:love::love:

cassiesmom
04-30-2012, 10:15 AM
What a Darling, Delicious, Delightful, Dumpling, aDorable Orange Tabby Kitty! Welcome home!

Cat Daddy
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
This little baby is too die for ... the video just did me in this morning - total mush!! Congratulations - you have managed to overwhelm us once again:D. Welcome to PetTalk little fellow - you're gonna like it here:love:.

D names ... hmmm

Donovan or
He looks like a Darby or a Daniel to me:D.

KAK if you keep this up you have to become a stay-at-home Mom !!!

I vote for Darby. I thought I had thought of Darby first but didn't, so I second it. Any third-ers?:)

He really does look like a Darby!

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone.:) He's still hiding under the bed. I don't think that I'll be adopting any more cats for quite a while so don't worry.;) Thanks for all of the suggestions. This morning I also thought of Dublin as in Dublin,Ireland. We'll see what happens.:)

katladyd
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
OMG, the awesome orangeness never stops!! He is beautiful (but I have a soft spot for orangies), Two D names; Duncan and D'Artagnon!

pomtzu
04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
No!!! I will not call you a crazy cat lady, because I wouldn't be able to resist him either. He's gorgeous - as are all of your kids. I don't know how you manage to come across all of these fabulous felines. Congrats on the new arrival!

The first "D" names that came to mind were Dudley or Darby.

Pinot's Mom
04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh, Tracey, EIGHT?! Wow! He is adorable, though, and I personally LIKE Finnegan - especially since I've called all my cats Finnegan at one point or another (as in, 'in again, out again, Finnegan) as they stand in doorways. I like Darby as well for a D name.

Congratulations! :love:

Grace
04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree with Maggie - I love the name Finnegan, and it seems to fit him - at least looking at the pictures. He is adorable - those great eyes. They remind me of my Duffy's eyes - you can see into his soul through them.

There's another possibility - Duffy :)

And I know why you get all these orangies - they match your carpets :D

Congratulations on your blessed arrival - may you all live long and prosper.

Taz_Zoee
04-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the family Finnegan. :D

I like the name Finnegan.........Finn for short. But to go with the D names I like Declan and Danny Boy. :)

momcat
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Where Oh Where is the cuteness overload warning???? It's desperately needed for this little fellow, when I saw his picture and video I turned into mush on the floor. What a little sweetheart :love: :love:

Wow, he sure has quite a turbo-purr! As for a name, I tend to go with Declan. Would you give him some welcome lovies from me? May you both enjoy many many years of love and companionship together! Your new little sweetheart could not have found a better Meowmie!

Vermontcat
04-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Congratulations on the newest orange addition to your family!:D
I like the name Finnegan and Dublin and several other D names, good luck on deciding which one is just right for him.
I hope to see many new photos of him and the other kitties in your happy cat filled home.:love:

Laura's Babies
04-30-2012, 06:36 PM
He is one LUCKY BOY and I think he knows that already! Wow! Such a pretty orangie boy that purrrrrs like a 18 wheeler. He is going to fit right in! I can't wait to hear stories and see more of him! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!

mrspunkysmom
04-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Congrats on your new addition. I like Finnegan too, but I looked up Irish names on the web.

Declan, Delaney, Devin, Donovan, Donnelly, Dempsey,

I'm sure what ever you choose will fit purrfectly.

He sure is gorgeous. There's something about Orange fellows.

krazyaboutkatz
05-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks again everyone.:) I'm still unsure if his name will either stay Finnegan or become Darby or Dublin. I think that it'll most likely be between these three names. Tonight he let me pet him and his motor started up again.:) Later on Colby was playing pawsies with him under the door and then Alani & Blaze also joined in. Finnegan then started scratching at the door so I opened it up and he peeked out. I then picked him up and let him out for a bit. Colby is in love with him and he was following him every where he went. There wasn't any hissing or growling from any of the cats except a little hiss from Alani. Blaze and Alani were also very interested in him. Storm just sat there and didn't really seem very interested. Sky slept the whole time up on top of the refrigerator and both girls were back in my bedroom. On Sat. I did buy some comfort zone plugins and I one going in both bedrooms and one in my living room/dining room area. I also bought 2 calming collars and put them on both of my girls. I think it's made a slight difference for Pearl but it doesn't seem to do anything for Ziggy so far. I hope to get some good pictures soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Oh my, he is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
And listen to that purr..................... he has stolen my heart in a split of a second!!!!

I would go for Finnigan! But IF you want an irish name with a "d", then Dublin would be my favorite:love:

cassiesmom
05-01-2012, 08:25 AM
My Dear Michael Angel who passed on at 20 would love if you could put Michael somewhere in your New Owesome Orangies name!!:love::love:
All of My Many Owesome Orange Angels are pleasded and we pray that the socializations go well:love::love:
We look forward to seeing Orange in your Cat Pile!!!:love::love:

Just a thought ... Michael had a middle name and I don't remember if it was spelled Dillon or Dylan. Maybe Catmandu can help me. But there's another D name. I like Finnegan, too! He reminds me a lot of Milo but with a different tabby pattern. He's beautiful! :love: Hi, Finn, sweet boy!

cassiesmom
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
KAK, how's the new orangey guy? Actually, I should ask how the two new orangey guys are! Could you please give some hugs and lovies to your kitties from me :love:- one of their many fans!

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Colby? Colby??? Where have I been and what have I missed? :eek:

Anyway, this little guy is GORGEOUS!!! I'm sorry Tracey, but he is definitely a Finn(egan). :D:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Thanks again everyone.:) Work has been very busy this week so I barely have time to get on the computer. Colby and my newest kitten,name still to be determined, have become fast friends. They were playing for about 2 hours tonight while Alani & Blaze just slept. I just don't know why A & B have become so lazy lately. I really haven't seen them play very much since I adopted Colby. I knew that Colby needed a buddy and this little guy was the right choice.:) I'll try to take pictures of these two playing together this weekend.:)

Barbara
05-04-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm with Karen -I seem have to missed Colby. but little Finn is the cutest boy ever. I was not surprised that gorgeous Alani and Blaze didn't want to play with a new boy; they simply have each other.
But hopefully Colby abd little Finn (that's my favorite of the names;)) will be another cute couple.

AmberLee
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Ah, what a cutie-pie. He looks irresistible. I'm very fond of the name Finnegan (I wonder why?) but thought of Donegal or Dublin. At any rate I think your newest darlings are wonderful.

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Thanks again everyone.:) Well I've decided to keep his name Finnegan because he seems to like it. I tried a few other names out on him and he just didn't respond. When I say the name Finnegan he looks at me and he'll also sometimes meow.:) He's been out with the others since Sat. afternoon and he's doing great. He now also acts like he's lived here for a long time just like his new friend Colby.:) I was able to take some more pictures of Finnegan and also Colby playing with Finnegan but I've been too busy to resize them so you'll just have to wait. Poor Colby has a hot spot on the back of his neck.:( I'm going to start a thread in cat health about it.

phesina
05-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Welcome home, FINNEGAN!!!!!

Vio&Juni
05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
You gotta love an orange boy :)

sana
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
:love: :love: Finnegan! Aw! Welcome to your new home little one! :) :love: Good to hear he and Colby are friends :)

Congrats on getting little Finnegan! ;)

Cataholic
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Tracey- I did NOT see this thread!!! OMG, what a beauty! I do love the name Finnigan, Lillycat has a Finnie, and a Flannie! Finnegan and Flannigan...he he he.

I also did love the name Donovan. :)

Congrats to the 8 pack! You are hot on my heels, I am at 10. :o:o

cassiesmom
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Dear Sky and Ziggy, Pearl and Storm ... now you have four orange brothers! I was just wondering how you are all getting along. Dear handsome Storm, is meowmie going to let your coat grow back in or will you be having a short summer 'do? Either way I think you look terrific. Could you please have meowmie give all eight of you some hugs and lovies from me. :D <= you give me one of these

happylabs
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks again everyone.:) Work has been very busy this week so I barely have time to get on the computer. Colby and my newest kitten,name still to be determined, have become fast friends. They were playing for about 2 hours tonight while Alani & Blaze just slept. I just don't know why A & B have become so lazy lately. I really haven't seen them play very much since I adopted Colby. I knew that Colby needed a buddy and this little guy was the right choice.:) I'll try to take pictures of these two playing together this weekend.:)

A&B might be a little depressed or down. They might need extra lovies. Honestly I don't think I would have enough time to take care of that many cats.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Tracey- I did NOT see this thread!!! OMG, what a beauty! I do love the name Finnigan, Lillycat has a Finnie, and a Flannie! Finnegan and Flannigan...he he he.

I also did love the name Donovan. :)

Congrats to the 8 pack! You are hot on my heels, I am at 10. :o:o
Thanks. I don't think I'll ever get to 10.:)

Dear Sky and Ziggy, Pearl and Storm ... now you have four orange brothers! I was just wondering how you are all getting along. Dear handsome Storm, is meowmie going to let your coat grow back in or will you be having a short summer 'do? Either way I think you look terrific. Could you please have meowmie give all eight of you some hugs and lovies from me. :D <= you give me one of these

Sky and Storm are fine with them but the girls still hiss and growl. I think that Ziggy would love to be an only cat. Pearl seems very interested in both Colby and Finnegan and maybe some day she'll actually play with them. Yes, Storm will continue to keep his fur short because it's much easier for both of us to manage this way.:) Hugs and lovies will be passed out soon. Thanks.:)

RedHedd
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Aww! another orangie! Welcome Finnegan! What a purr! Reminds me of my Josie