PDA

View Full Version : Mammogram Check Up Day - Good/Bad News

Queen of Poop
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
6 years ago to this very day I had a lump removed. Today is my annual mammogram to check up and ensure nothing's come back. Just a reminder to all you ladies out there - get checked!! :love::love::love:

phesina
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I just had my yearly mammogram on Tuesday!

Pat, a 27-year "survivor"

Queen of Poop
04-27-2012, 07:21 AM
I just had my yearly mammogram on Tuesday!

Pat, a 27-year "survivor"

Atta Girl!!!!

It's a pain, literally, but so worth the peace of mind.

Karen
04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Congratulations!

When I get my annual mammogram, it is a pain, but I think of it as doing it in honor of all the breast cancer survivors, and victims I know. Makes the time go easier, as I list them in my head.

phesina
04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I got the result back from my doctor: all clear!

mrspunkysmom
04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
awesome!

Queen of Poop
04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I got the result back from my doctor: all clear!

Fabulous!!! Congratulations!!!! :love::love::love:

phesina
04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you, Anne and Gayle.

I lost the left one in 1985!!! I was one of the VERY lucky ones; it was caught before it had started to spread, so the mastectomy removed all of the tumor. Ever since, I have my regular checkups and yearly mammograms and I check myself, and there has been no recurrence in all this time.

I feel blessed. At the same time it makes me realize how very important these regular checkups like mammograms are, so I encourage you all to keep current with what's happening with your own body and health.

God bless, :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
So the doctor was to get my mammogram results today. So the doctors office just called me to book me in to hear the results. So this seriously cannot be a good thing. Yep, I'm freaking out right now. :eek::(:eek::(

Catty1
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
{{{hugs}}} You have been getting mammograms regularly, so whatever the results are I believe they will be slight.

I KNOW it's hard, but try to level out just a tad. An IBS flareup would be no fun.

I can't relate except for PAP tests. Many many moons ago I was called in when the results came back. The result had shown "slight atypia" and I had to have a test every 6 months for a short while. It could be as simple as that, Gayle. :love::love:

Queen of Poop
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
{{{hugs}}} You have been getting mammograms regularly, so whatever the results are I believe they will be slight.

I KNOW it's hard, but try to level out just a tad. An IBS flareup would be no fun.

I can't relate except for PAP tests. Many many moons ago I was called in when the results came back. The result had shown "slight atypia" and I had to have a test every 6 months for a short while. It could be as simple as that, Gayle. :love::love:

As soon as I got off the phone with her I took my IBS meds so I don't have any incidents here at work. I'm holding it together right now, likely once I get home later today I'll have a kitty hug fest and a good cry.

Karen
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
As soon as I got off the phone with her I took my IBS meds so I don't have any incidents here at work. I'm holding it together right now, likely once I get home later today I'll have a kitty hug fest and a good cry.

Do not stress yourself out too much about this yet, Gayle. They try to be proactive as possible these days, and one girl I know has every-6-month mammograms. She's never had breast cancer itself, but they have found and removed precancerous cells a few times, and all is okay with her, besides having to get squished twice a year instead of once.

Deep breaths, a nice cup of whatever tea will upset your tummy the least, and some kitty love once you get home.

kuhio98
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Sending you positive thoughts. Please keep us posted.

phesina
05-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Take some deep breaths, Gayle. Candace is right; since you have been having mammograms regularly, you are learning early on about what is going on with your body.

It may just be something to keep an eye on over time, and if it needs treatment you are starting it when it can be managed most easily.

Have you made your follow-up appointment? Do things a step at a time. You can handle this. And you know we are all here with you, along with all the kitties in the world.

God bless, sending you all our love and encouragement and prayers,

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

Queen of Poop
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you all for the support. I just can't seem to catch a break in this life. Will see the doctor this afternoon at 3:50 MDT. Soon as I can after that I'll let you know.

happylabs
05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Good luck. Hope it turns out to be nothing. Thoughts and prayers for you.

mrspunkysmom
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Hoping all is well.

Queen of Poop
05-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Well all, it was a tough evening. My mammogram came back just fine, no issues. HOWEVER, it's my other girl parts that are severely abnormal and require a biopsy inside of the next 3 months. On a scale of 1-3, with 3 being the worst, yep, I scored a 3. That's me, always striving to be the best! Shocking part is I've never had an abnormal pap, ever.

phesina
05-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh boy..

Why aren't they doing the biopsy right away, if this is a #3 level concern?

We love you. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

pomtzu
05-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Sending positive vibes out to you Gayle.

I was wondering the same as what Pat said - why such a wait??? But then, Canada operates a whole lot differently than the U.S. in the healthcare department, as I have learned from another Canadian friend. :(

Catty1
05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Gayle, if it was REALLY horrid they would have packed you into a hospital NOW for a biopsy! I hope the biopsy is soon so you don't have to wait.

HUGS!

Freedom
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I couldn't even post as I read along, keeping my fingers crossed, waiting for the results.

Prayers from RI for you.

Queen of Poop
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. My appointment for the biopsy is Thursday, May 31st at 3 pm.

robinh
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
May just be a minor thing. I had a pap come back abnormal, had biopsies done and ended up having cryosurgery (sp). Check-ups every six months for two years and haven't a problem since and that's been 25+ years ago.

Will pray that yours is the same minor kind of thing.

Karen
05-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Hopefully it will all turn out to be nothing, it is a good sign they are okay with you waiting that long before the biopsy. We'll be thinking of you until then!

Alysser
05-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry I am so late in response to this! I am glad at least the mammogram came back okay. Will keep you in my thoughts for the biopsy!:love:

gini
05-05-2012, 01:12 PM
You have my prayers that this is nothing and you are fine. Goodness they make you wait a long time though.

beeniesmom
05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Hugs and prayers that the results will be normal.

gini
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
more prayers.....................and some:love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks so much everyone. Today feels like I'm carrying an extra 100 lbs of weight on my back, I weigh less than 100 lbs soaking wet!

The stress of everything is weighing heavily on me today. I'm listing to my soothing classical music and trying to "chill". It was really nice to come here and see the new, lovely comments from all of you. Thank you. :love::love::love:

Karen
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Gayle, don't - seriously don't worry about this next appointment. Often it's "unusual but harmless" in my experience. Several times I have been told "Never seen anything like it, but I have read about it ..." Followed by "oh, no, perfectly harmless, just unusual, that's all."

You can know for absolute sure that if it was anything dangerous, or worrisome, you would have had a much sooner appointment!

phesina
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Sending you lots of love and good energies and encouragement, Gayle..

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
05-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Still thinking of you and hoping all goes well on the 31st. :love::love::love:

DriftyAlison0
05-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Queen you are in my thoughts and prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
05-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm just now reading this thread.:o I sure hope that everything turns out fine. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Queen of Poop
05-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks all for the good thoughts. Couple more days to wait. The stress is eating me up, but at least it was only 3 weeks worth, not longer.

mrspunkysmom
05-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree with Karen. If they found something dangerous, you would have been called in sooner. Sending my prayers and the crew sends their head bumps.