PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear lord

IRescue452
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Here we go again. My 16 year old sister's boyfriend gave her a kitten yesterday. My mom doesn't know what to do with it yet. My mom already has 3 cats. Apparently the bf's aunt has an unspayed female that gets out and gets pregnant. So here we sit with a 8-12 week old (he didn't say) grey male kitten that nobody is going to want. My mom does take in strays who are friendly in her garage where they can't contaminate her existing cats with anything and she finds them a home or takes them to a no kill shelter. This bf is just too ghetto to understand why one can't just have 15 cats running around. They need good food and vet care and our animals are spayed and neutered. 2 dogs and 3 cats is already one over village limits anyway even though they hardly enforce the limit on indoor cats unless somebody complains. Spitting image of the last grey tabby kitten nobody wanted.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_5861.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_5863.jpg

Karen
04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Poor little guy! Here's hoping you find him a real home soon! He's such a cutie, I hope someone is able to take him furever!

catmandu
04-25-2012, 09:29 AM
My Goodness who on Earth would not want a Sweet Little Cat Of The Future who is so hamdsome:confused::confused:
If he came up to the Found Cat Hotel , he would be a Found Cat right away:cool::cool:
We are praying that somewhere, somehow there is a FurrEver Home with room for one more Special Kitten.:love::love:

moosmom
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
This bf is just too ghetto to understand

:confused::confused::confused:

Care to explain this racist remark???

IRescue452
04-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, my mom sounds pretty defeated when I asked her if she's going to keep this one. I think my ex-stepdad is going to freak out if he finds out there is another animal in the house and he's going to cause trouble since he shares custody with my twin sisters. The remark was hardly racist since he's white and I'm not. We're probably even the same income level. He's just from one of those families who isn't well off but doesn't realize that clean living and having pride in yourself is free, thus my version of making yourself ghetto.

Scooter's Mom
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM

I don't think that was necessarily racist - it is so much a matter of attitude most times.

Back on topic though --- I love this little guy and if I lived anywhere near you I would snatch him in a heartbeat!! I miss having a tabby kitty in my life.
I hope he gets a good home, somewhere. He looks so loving. My heart breaks for him. :(

moosmom
04-26-2012, 07:52 AM
IRescue452,

I'm speechless!!! But I do think you could've chosen different words to describe it. JMO

happylabs
04-26-2012, 07:58 AM

What does that phrase mean? I guess I could Google it. I'm clueless as usual.

moosmom
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Which phrase is that??? Going "ghetto" or "racist remark"????

IRescue452
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm trying not to think the kitty is cute. Really I am. Not allowed at my apartment so he can't possibly be cute ;).

Ghetto is a socioeconomic term that refers to people living in the slums or the bad side of town mostly because of their income level. It was started in Italy to refer to where the Jews live and has nothing to do with African Americans innately. I guess if you live in the Jim Crow south they use it mostly to describe where there is a large population of poor black people but we don't specifically use it for race specifically in this part of WI that is mostly northern European. We have few black people to use racial slurs on where I live. In fact, there were none in any of my classes from kindergarten through high school. There's like 5 families now. I really just used it to refer to the fact that this kid is from a background of alcoholism, drugs and all that sort of stuff.

pomtzu
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Elvis sang a song about the ghetto (In the Ghetto) and didn't get lamblasted for it. I didn't think a racial slur was what was intended in this thread either.