PDA

View Full Version : Store Name Fail!

Karen
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I got a catalog today in the mail for "The Paper Store" and was surprised to see no paper or paper products in it all! They are at several malls I have been to, but I never go or look inside because they are so heavily perfumed, so I was really surprised to find clothes, trinkets, shoes, purse, general stuff - but no paper in the catalog! And Yankee Candles - which explains the scents wafting from it ...

Have you ever encountered a store whose name was completely inaccurate like that?

catnapper
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
We have The christmas Shoppe. It has Christmas stuff at Christmas, but all year long it has everything else under the sun from pencils to dish soap and comforters for the bed.

Karen
04-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh, yes - The Christmas Tree Shop is local here - and they never have trees except fake ones leading up to Christmas!

Alysser
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
The local Staples never has any Staples (literally been there twice for that sort of incident)...one day Panera Bread ran out of bread. :p It's slightly irritating when you're craving a good sandwich.

That is funny that it has no paper products, you'd think it was a stationary store!

kittycats_delight
04-24-2012, 05:17 AM
We have one here called Biz Store. You would expect office things. Nope, they have ethnic furniture and everyday household items.

pomtzu
04-24-2012, 06:29 AM
I can't think of any mis-named stores, but I have gone to KFC for a bucket of chicken, only to be told that they are out of chicken! :mad: And this has happened more than just one time too!

happylabs
04-24-2012, 07:42 AM
How about Olive Garden? Not many olives and no garden. :D

pomtzu
04-24-2012, 08:15 AM

LOL

Food Lion (grocery store chain). Plenty of food but no lions! :p

phesina
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh, yes - The Christmas Tree Shop is local here - and they never have trees except fake ones leading up to Christmas!

When I lived in Cambridge, I worked at MIT for a long time. MIT had a club for employees that arranged visits to various attractions and events. One time there was an announcement from them of a trip being arranged to the Christmas Tree Shop in Falmouth or somewhere in that general direction.

I thought this was going to turn out to be a cute little New-Englandy craft shop, so I signed up for the trip. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was another big cheap-junk store like K-Mart! I don't remember if I bought anything there or not. Anyway, it was an interesting expedition.

happylabs
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
LOL

Food Lion (grocery store chain). Plenty of food but no lions! :p

Double LOL! Glad there are no lions. :D

Karen
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM

Sadly, there is olive oil in most everything there, so the "olive" part of the name is actually true. Which is why I can no longer eat there, being allergic to olives in any form!

cassiesmom
04-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I shop at Jewel -- but they sell groceries! Not a diamond, emerald or ruby in the place. :confused: