PDA

View Full Version : Photos of the repairs to the house.

RICHARD
04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Here are some photos of the repairs done to the house after the accident.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/100_0239.jpg

The contractors did a wonderful job, as you can see...

Catty1
04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Wow - kinda like a new house! Or half a new house? :D

They did do a great job.

Not that you care - but any update on they guy who had the seizure? I'm sure he won't be driving again!

Now for the furniture - with those smooth white walls, would Ikea work? :p:)

Karen
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM

They did do a great job.

Not that you care - but any update on they guy who had the seizure? I'm sure he won't be driving again!

Candace - all the couches at Ikea are too low to the ground for comfort for me - and I am only 5' 6" - Richard would feel like Gulliver on one!

Freedom
04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
I didn't know about the accident; I guess Candace gave me an idea what happened, lol.

Looks fantastic! Have fun choosing furniture.

Candace, people who have seizures are not prohibited from driving once they get meds to control it.

cassiesmom
04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
It looks wonderful! I really like the book cases / desk area!

happylabs
04-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow...looks great! I love the flooring. That is what I want for my living room. Can you tell me what product they used? I even love the color. Exactly what I want!

Catty1
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I was totally kidding about Ikea! Not quite the Kentucky look!:D

pomtzu
04-24-2012, 06:56 AM
That looks wonderful! It's amazing what these contractors/builders can do. Several years ago my brother's NC home that he was in the process of moving in to, was gutted by fire. The only saving grace is that it was a brick house, but it looked like a total loss - even part of the roof burned thru. But his insurance company didn't total it, and with the rebuilding and the upgrades that bro put in to it, he ended up with a totally new home that was twice what it was before the fire. He had a top notch builder that really knew what he was doing!

Grace
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
It looks wonderful! I really like the book cases / desk area!

It looks fantastic - and the shelves are my favorite, also.

kaycountrygal
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
All of it looks great!! Just beautiful!

Bengalz
04-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice!! It must be good to have your home back:).

RICHARD
04-29-2012, 08:28 PM

They did do a great job.

We didn't hear anything else about the driver.

i do like the modern look of some Ikea furniture, but yes, it is way too low to get out of......I am six foot two and my knees ain't what they used to be!;)

RICHARD
04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I didn't know about the accident; I guess Candace gave me an idea what happened, lol.

Looks fantastic! Have fun choosing furniture.

Candace, people who have seizures are not prohibited from driving once they get meds to control it.

I posted the story in the "dale earnheardt is trying to kill me" thread.......It was an adventure!

RICHARD
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow...looks great! I love the flooring. That is what I want for my living room. Can you tell me what product they used? I even love the color. Exactly what I want!

The floor is oak, it was original to the house, the contractor refinished the floor, sanded and polished it. Some strips were replaced and the finish is nutmeg stain with a polyurethane finish/sealer.

RICHARD
04-29-2012, 08:44 PM
It looks fantastic - and the shelves are my favorite, also.

We were able to track down a mount for the TV and I did figure out how to get it on the wall!:eek:

Yes, it was great to get back into the house...the only drawback?

The smell of paint for about 1.5 weeks..:eek: