PDA

View Full Version : Just a little rant...

moosmom
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
As you know, I took on the two feral kitties, in an effort to socialize them and find them homes. I took them into MY home temporarily, until they came around, with the understanding that when I was done, Nancy, who was the person who originally had them, would take them back and find them homes.

There is now a URI running rampant in my house that began with Utchie. I had a meltdown. 11 cats in a two room studio is overwhelming me. I called Nancy and told her I was taking her up on her offer to take the two babies back. She refused. I then called Betty, who offered to put her in her cattyshack. She came up with a MILLION excuses why she couldn't take her right now.

Keep in mind Nancy has a house with a full basement. Betty also has a house. I live in a measily little two room studio with very limited living space.

I haven't spoken to either one of them in days I'm so upset over this. I'm never offered cat food, cat litter...NOTHING. This is taking a financial toll on me.

I spoke with a rescue friend of mine about Lucy possibly going to live in a heated horse barn on my orthopedic surgeon's property in Simsbury. She told me that Lucy would probably run away if it's an established colony. I can't let that happen. My heart is breaking over this whole thing. I went out of my way to help these precious babies get somewhat of a normal home and now I'm stuck with them.

Yes, I said I was adopting Puff. At least with him, I can pick him up, cuddle, pet, etc. Lucy is just not happy. I even tried calling a friend who fosters and she's up to her you-know-what with kittens.

If I had known this was going to happen, I would've never brought them to my place. It was a hassle driving over to Nancy's every single day to handle them, cuz SHE sure as hell wasn't doing it.

One of my friend's said I should just take them to Nancy's and drop them off. I'm feeling SO guilty right now. :(:(:( I do love these precious creatures. Especially when Velicat climbs up on my shoulders wanting to snuggle.

Thanks for listening. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Karen
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
No solution to offer, just sympathy.

Freedom
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Donna, I had no idea you were up to 11! YIKES!

I have no suggestions, either. Hugs and hang in there.

phesina
04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
God bless you, Donna and all your 11.

I have no solutions either, just loads of love and sympathy and admiration and encouragement.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear about all of this.:( I also didn't realize that you now had 11 cats. I don't have any solutions either because I know it's already kitten season and it seems like every rescue group is probably at their limit. All I can offer is lots of prayers and positive thoughts. Please take care. (((HUGS)))