PDA

View Full Version : Tasha Tidbit #5

Freedom
04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
(Background for those who don't know / may not remember: Tasha is a puppy mill rescue; born and raised in a cage in Missouri and used for breeding inventory for the first 5 years of her life. She's been with me 3 years and made fantastic progress. Rehabbing a mill dog is life long for the dog, and they are often scared easily)

Few years back, our high school developed a fundraiser for the senior prom. They bought several dozen pink flamingos. These plastic birds balance atop 2 spindly wire legs.

I don't remember the exact fees, but it is something like this:
$10 to have the flamingos set up at someone's house (set up is always after dark, the person wakes up to see them in the yard)
$15 to have them set up and you remain anonymous

A cute poem is attached, and includes several options:
- the flamingos will remain for 48 hours BUT
$15 and you can have them removed within 4 hours of calling xxx phone number
$10 and you can have them removed and sent to someone else that night (see, they encourage having the birds out and about town)

It's been a very effective fund raiser, and it is even fun for folks like me, who have no connection to the high school, to suddenly see a front yard filled with pink flamingos.

By now, you must know where this is going, right? Te heee!!!!

Someone in our neighborhood got "flamingoed!" We've passed this house numerous times in our walks over the 3 years Tasha has lived here. And, being a bit on edge all the time, she always notices if anything is moved, changed, removed, added, anywhere along our route.

Did I mention the birds are light weight, and on spindly wire legs? In other words, just a slight breeze, and they wobble. ;)

Yes, she spotted them, complete halt, sniff sniff sniff, slowly approached, puff of air, birds wobbled, Tasha backed up SO FAST, barking. :p

Had to cross the street to get all of us past that house that day (I think it was last Wednesday). :D

chocolatepuppy
04-22-2012, 04:52 PM
That's too cute! :D My Layla can spot something moved or new way across the street at my neighbors!

pomtzu
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM
LOL! Silly girl, Tasha - but very smart and observant too. You were just protecting everyone on your walkie from those big, bad, funny looking birds. Good job! :)

Sparky's like that too - barked up a storm at the new kitchen range when delivered last year.

kaycountrygal
04-22-2012, 05:28 PM
LOL Smart observant little dog!

Karen
04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
There's no fooling her - and those things with beaks that big - why they COULD attack, you know!

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
What a cute story.:) You have a very smart girl too.:)