PDA

View Full Version : Evie haz a pout!

Bengalz
04-21-2012, 09:27 PM

Eve is impossible to pill; therefore we have to apply Profender topically every 6 months to avoid unwanted critters because of course, our little princess has to go outside for walkies:). Profender works but it leaves an offensive odor and makes the fur at the base of Eve's skull sticky - yuck!! So ... little Miss Eve needs to have her bath!

The first photo is the pouty Miss Eve after her bath. She then spent the entire afternoon grooming ( with a little help from Mom and the zoom groom) - man is she ever blowing coat:eek:. When she realized that now she was back to her gorgeous fluffy self and smelling like a honey bear, it was all good:D.

It takes both myself and Evie's Dad to get through this ordeal:rolleyes: (you should hear the mournful little cries;)) but after all is said and done and treats dispensed lavishly, our princess is having a much needed nap:love:.

Just wondering - is bath time for your kitties an all-day affair???

Edwina's Secretary
04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh no, no,no, no,no. We are rather fond of our fingers...and our hands...and our other body parts to EVER even think of bathing either E!

You are brave.

And Evie is indeed a Princess.

happylabs
04-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Love the pics. She is beautiful.

I don't currently have to bathe any of my 3. They all do a pretty good job of grooming themselves and I brush and comb them pretty regularly.

cassiesmom
04-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Hello, Eve! You are very gorgeous!

The closest I come to giving Cassie a bath is to wipe her coat down very well with a Kitty Wipe. I do comb her, but sometimes her coat just feels a tad oily to me, and that's when I get the Kitty Wipes out. She hates them, but I do like that she smells good afterward. Sometimes I just wipe her coat down with a damp wash cloth instead of the Kitty Wipe.

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2012, 02:08 AM
She sure is a gorgeous pouty girl.:) No, I don't bathe any of my cats. When Storm and Sky went to the groomers for their new haircuts, they were both bathed. Sky had to take 1/2 a pill of Xanax to help him calm down so he wouldn't bite any one.

Have you ever tried pill pockets with Eve? I have to give Storm 4 pills a day and without these it would be a nightmare. I use the chicken flavored ones and I cut them into four pieces and roll them into little balls. Later I wrap them around Storm's pills and he just thinks that he's getting a treat. I do use advantage on all of my cats once a month and yes it does create a sticky stinky residue but it goes away in a few days. They get their monthly dose tomorrow along with some teeth brushing too.

Barbara
04-22-2012, 05:35 AM
The only cat who ever had a bath in this house and did not administer it himself was Tigris who had manged to get some nail polish remover on his fur (after knocking down the bottle:rolleyes:). He wailed like a coyote when his dad and I (using gardening gloves) got him in the tub.
Evie of course is a princess and loves some honey perfume on her fur ;)... or rather not so...;)

kaycountrygal
04-22-2012, 08:37 AM
She's very pretty. You're braver than I am to bathe your cat. Noooo, We do NOT bathe Mr. Luke; he hates it (bought shaver & tried it one time with help but no go). About 2 x a year I take him to a groomer. I never thought I would do that but because of his long hair he gets messy and he gets a lion cut each time also. I like your cat's lion cut. I use Advantage on Luke and dont really notice a problem with it being messy (maybe it's me).

I dont know about cats but I wrap cheese around pills for Annie & LilGirl and that works good. When I've had to give med to Luke, I ask for it in liquid form & then I squirt it on his food. There is no way I could squirt it in his mouth OR get a pill down him--not if I wanted to have use of my hands LOL.

Taz_Zoee
04-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Beautiful Evie! Luckily I do not have to bathe either of my cats. However, way back when Taz was young we did have to give him a bath. Because all of the dogs had horrible fleas and brought them in the house so Taz got them too. All animals had to have a flea dip, so my sister helped me with Taz. That was an adventure. Our previous neigbors give their cats regular baths. They are used to it and don't fight their daddy when he does it at all.
Honestly I don't think I'd even attempt to give either cat a bath. If they really needed it I'd take them to the groomer.

catmandu
04-22-2012, 12:20 PM
:love::love:
Evie like most Cats does not care for water, only certain Cats love being wet.:eek:
But we are sure that Evie feels so much better after her bath, and that is all that counts!!!:love::love:

Felicia's Mom
04-22-2012, 01:15 PM
The only cat I gave a bath to was Beau. He didn't like it but he didn't resist either.

katladyd
04-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Evie is so beautiful!!! I'm sure that she knows it as she takes such pains to make herself beautiful again! She is an absolute doll! here has to be a way to get her to take a pill, it sounds like she hates a bath even more
My three groom themselves very well! I do not think either they, or my blood supply, would like it very much if I bathed them. Ming is my only cat on meds and if I wrap the pill in Pill Pockets I can get it down his throat. He won't eat it on his own, amitriptyline is very bitter so even Pill Pockets won't disguise the taste. He is fairly easy to pill, though. He's been on meds over three years now and after the first few months he got very easy to pill.

Bengalz
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Evie is so beautiful!!! I'm sure that she knows it as she takes such pains to make herself beautiful again! She is an absolute doll! here has to be a way to get her to take a pill, it sounds like she hates a bath even more
My three groom themselves very well! I do not think either they, or my blood supply, would like it very much if I bathed them. Ming is my only cat on meds and if I wrap the pill in Pill Pockets I can get it down his throat. He won't eat it on his own, amitriptyline is very bitter so even Pill Pockets won't disguise the taste. He is fairly easy to pill, though. He's been on meds over three years now and after the first few months he got very easy to pill.

Actually all things considered Eve tolerates having a bath better than being pilled - she just has to put on a pouty face to let us know she's not amused:rolleyes:. During bath time she doesn't fight or scratch just gives us mournful meows;). We usually try to time her baths on a warm sunny day so she can lie in the solarium and dry off without getting chilled:love:. She's such a good girl!!

Pinot's Mom
04-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Dear sweet Eve, I must apologize for my not responding to your pout; my Meowm has not had the 'puter on so I haven't been able to post. BATH - whassis BATH:confused: I know not.

Whatever that is, it sounds like treats and romps are in order, so make your demands known. Love ya, Cuz!:love:

Purrs, Pinot