PDA

View Full Version : Please help me by voting for my home

catnapper
04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
My brother sent me a link to a video home make-over contest. I misread the rules and thought the entire video couldn't be longer than 30 seconds.... so three days went by and I struggled with how to persuade people to vote for a home in only 30 seconds. I struggle with brevity (yeah I ramble) and came up with a concept that worked.

Then re-read the rules that it has to be between 30 seconds and 1min 30 seconds. DUH! But I ended up liking the short and simple video I made so I've submitted it.

Can everyone do me the HUGEST favor and go to the facebook page, like it and vote for us?

http://apps.facebook.com/certainteed/showentry/1098224

My video is listed as SkilesHome --- its a big white home with lots of windows. The video shows me doing a 360 degree pan of the yard --- long wooden fence with tarp covered shed and all. I felt like such a dork doing it, but I AM a dork, so its all good :p :D

And could you please let friends and family know to vote for us too? You have no idea how much we need this! Hubby still isn't working and we're still struggling as we always have. This would help us in more ways than anyone would ever know. Not just pride in home, but hubby with his feelings of helplessness.

And please vote every day! :D We know the power of PT -- lets win this! :love: :love: :love:

moosmom
04-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Done!

pomtzu
04-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I voted to "love it", tho I don't know if it counted. Do you have to have a FB account for it to be counted. I don't do FB.

I love big old houses - always wanted to live in one, since I loved visiting my aunt's when I was a kid. It must cost you a small fortune just to heat it tho............:eek:

Good luck - hope you win!

Taz_Zoee
04-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I tried to vote but it said I had to enable cookies (which I didn't even know wasn't already enabled) and I am technically challenged so I couldn't figure out how to enable them. When I can figure it out I will definitely vote!!

Good luck!! :D

Karen
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I got the same message, and my browser is set to accept cookies, Kim!

kittycats_delight
04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
It's a bit of a pain. It took me several tries before it finally accepted my vote. I then tried to leave a comment and it never did accept or post that. It's not very user friendly.

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I voted Kim and to leave comment I did have to keep clicking on like a few times before it was accepted. You're number 4 with the most views. Good luck.:)

catnapper
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you everyone who voted! Sorry for those of you with issues logging in. I understand the frustration because I had trouble getting hubby to sign in on his login (the facebook page we created today :p)

Now we just need to keep fingers and paws crossed for two months and keep voting! You have no idea how much we appreciate the votes

Alysser
04-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Voted!

redbird
04-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I can't vote since I don't subscribe to facebook, sorry.

carole
04-24-2012, 05:50 AM
i voted for you too Kim, good luck

Freckles
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Voted. Can I vote more than once? Deadline for votes? Don't have time to search for the rules.
Good luck

catnapper
04-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I can't talk about it yet because I am still so very very mad at my brother..... He told me to enter this contest. He's the one who encouraged me. HE helped to create the contest. Now he's telling me I'm disqualified. A lot more is going on, but basically, THANK you all for voting thus far.

I am beyond upset and embarassed.

I am taking this week off to paint and do repairs to the interior of my house, so hopefully it'll put a bandaid on my anger and hurt.

Karen
04-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. But doing repairs and painting I bet ILL help you feel better, at least that will be a visible accomplishment, and instant (well, compared to waiting and voting for two months, anyway) gratification!

carole
04-24-2012, 04:55 PM
oh dear that is a shame,sorry to hear this, chin up, all will be well.:)