PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV Shows

Pam
11-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Well I know I am veering a little off topic here, but I thought since we had a "Favorite Movies" thread and a "Least Favorite Movie" thread maybe we'd like to have a go at TV programs.

My present favorites include Everybody Loves Raymond and Becker (which unfortunately has been moved to Sunday night and does not follow Raymond anymore).

Some past favorites are Seinfeld, ER (back in the days of George Clooney **swoon** although I am old enough probably to be his mother!) LOL! Also, Golden Girls, All in the Family, The Jeffersons.

lynnestankard
11-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Pam
........... ER (back in the days of George Clooney **swoon** although I am old enough probably to be his mother!) LOL!

Me and you both Pam!!!! ROTFLMAO!!! There must be a place for the older.....errr.........experienced woman!!!!!! And if George is busy - I wouldn't say 'No' to Brad Pitt!! LOL. (Guess who enjoyed the new 'Oceans 11'!!!)

Lynne

Rottieluver45
11-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm..My Favorite,Absolute favorite tv show would definatley have to be Friends!

Other shows I really like are Everybody loves Raymond,Angel,Smallville,and Reba.

COCatMama
11-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Third Watch
ER
Bob and Margaret
CSI miami
this hour has 22 minutes
Enterprise

prolly a ton more, can't even remember them all :)

mugsy
11-16-2002, 04:51 PM
JAG, O'Reilly Factor, CSI, Judging Amy, Jeopardy, Monday Night Football, Trading Spaces

All Creatures Great And Small
11-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Ones that are still on:
South Park
Trigger Happy TV (the British version is much better though)
Emergency Vets
Animal Precinct
Spongebob Squarepants (it really is funny!)
A Wedding Story
Fashion Emergency
So Graham Norton

All the rest:
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Cops
The Operation (used to be on TLC, you could watch surgeries)
Absolutely Fabulous
The Young Ones
Ren and Stimpy
Beavis and Butthead
The Dick Van Dyke Show (I still watch reruns)
SCTV (Oh, how I wish I could get some videos of this show!)
Saturday Night Live (the old, good ones)
The Ben Stiller Show
Monty Python's Flying Circus

??? I think these are mostly cable shows - I must not have watched much TV before I got cable!

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2002, 10:20 PM
I like almost everything on the animal planet channel except for the crocodile hunter. I also love Friends, Frazier, Scrubs, ER. I also like to watch biographies about people on A&E and on E. I like to watch VH1 to see biographies of musicians too. :)

The Cat Factory
11-16-2002, 10:25 PM
WWE Raw
WWE Smackdown
Days Of Our Lives
General Hospital
The Simpsons
King Of The Hill
All Star Treks...there's more!

RockyRoad
11-16-2002, 10:28 PM
Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Will & Grace, Fear Factor, The Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, Degrassi, 24 Seven, Being Eve, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains It All, Just Shoot Me, Becker, Scrubs, In-Laws, Hidden Hills, and anything on Animal Planet. I know I watch a lot of TV and as my friends say "stuff that is boring for kids but not for adults".

ownerof3dogs
11-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I like:

Emer Vets
Animal precinct
Animal cops
Dog Days
Fear
Fear Factor
Trading Spaces

COCatMama
11-16-2002, 10:31 PM
I forgot all about Scrubs
I love that show too ;)

Logan
11-16-2002, 10:49 PM
I watch very little tv, and usually if I have it on, it will be on Food Network or HGTV. But, if I do watch, my favorite shows are:

The West Wing
Law and Order (the original Wed. night version)
Providence
Touched by an Angel (which I haven't seen in ages)
The District

I like Everybody Loves Raymond, too, but don't get to see it very often. It is the only one of the "funny" shows that I enjoy.

~Chinchillas~
11-16-2002, 11:57 PM
I don't watch much t.v. but when I do, it is usually shows like:
Elimidate
Blind Date
and The Fifth Wheel

I do watch Days Of Our Lives sometimes and Y&R too.

TheAntiPam
11-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Antiques Roadshow
NYPD Blue
The West Wing
ER
This Old House

Frasier makes me laugh out loud - no other show does that regularly. :p

and last but not least, any Star Trek show.

The Cat Factory
11-17-2002, 12:22 AM
and last but not least, any Star Trek show.

Star Trek rules! :D :D

shais_mom
11-17-2002, 12:36 AM
I live by my VCR b/c I work 3p-11p but probably one of my all time favorite shows was DUKES OF HAZZARD and THREE'S COMPANY and the Golden Girls.!!!!

Now I watch: per my VCR:
Crossing Jordan, Jag, Guardian, Friends, ER, Law and Order SVU. I also like Law and Order original and the Criminal Intent, and Hack, Dog days and the Pet Psychic.
I love E Vets but have seen almost all of them! :(

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2002, 08:23 AM
OMG! I was a HUGE fan of the Duke boys!!! Had a nightgown with their pictures on it, a Daisy Duke Doll and everything...

Now, CSI is my fav. (Haven't watched Miami though, it on against Football!) Others:

Football, College Basketball, NASCAR, Friends, ER, Judging Amy, Trading Spaces, Emeril Live

Vermontcat
11-17-2002, 08:35 AM
Cincy'sMom, Nascar eh, Tony Stewart is gonna get his championship today!:) (Yes I watch too, I have sons)
Other shows I watch, Simpsons, Friends, ER, 24,Animal Planets funniest animals, Can't think of any more right now.

Chinadoll
11-17-2002, 10:06 AM
Shows I love that I always watch:
Gilmore Girls
Everwood
Charmed
Angel
Sopranos
Sex & the City
NYPD Blue
The Osbornes

Shows that I like and will watch if I can catch it on:
ER
Any Law and Order series
CSI
General Hospital
Dawson's Creek
Animal Precinct
Trading Spaces

Shows I loved that aren't on anymore:
Kindred the Embraced
Forever Knight
Highlander

gini
11-17-2002, 10:44 AM
I watch very little tv - but my favorites would have to be:

West Wing
Antiques Roadshow

wolf_Q
11-17-2002, 11:26 AM
THE SIMPSONS!! :D

CSI (CSI Miami is good too)

lynnestankard
11-17-2002, 01:23 PM
There's so many:-

E.R.
Simpsons
The Sopranos
Absolutley Fabulous
Vicar of Dibley (U.K.)
Vets In Practice (U.K.)
Antiques Roadshow (U.K.)
Flog It! (U.K.)
Six Feet Under
Animal Hospital (U.K.)

.....................I'll probably think of more as soon as I sign off!!

Ann
11-17-2002, 02:17 PM
The only TV show I ever followed was Remington Steele...

However I really like the Gummi Bears and South Park, but since they are both cartoons I dunno if they can be counted as TV shows...

Soledad
11-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Ohhhh...good topic.

Kath & Kim
MST3K
The Simpsons
Ali G
So Graham Norton
Shortland Street (NZ soap)
Treasure Island Extreme
Six Feet Under
The Osbournes

All Creatures Great And Small
11-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Flog It! (U.K.)
That sounds a little cheeky;)......I've never heard of this show, what's it about?

And I also don't know how I could have forgotten The Simpsons, King Of The Hill and The Osbournes - all hilarious!

Ali G
:D My sister showed me a few Ali G videos when I was visiting her in England - I still laugh sometimes thinking about the one where he visited Wales and was talking to some coal miners - he told one of them "that's a crap job, mate!" when the man explained what he does. That phrase pops into my head a lot when I'm at work;) ......

lynnestankard
11-17-2002, 04:27 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flog It! (U.K.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds a little cheeky......I've never heard of this show, what's it about?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He he he - It's an Antique Show - yep another one!
People get their antiques valued and if they want - the articles go into an auction - and whatever is realised they keep. Some of the things go way above the valuation - others of course don't even make the reserve!

Lynne

Uabassoon
11-17-2002, 04:53 PM
The Simpsons
The Real World
Friends
The Osbornes
Buffy

Cincy'sMom
11-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Cincy'sMom, Nascar eh, Tony Stewart is gonna get his championship today!:) (Yes I watch too, I have sons)
Other shows I watch, Simpsons, Friends, ER, 24,Animal Planets funniest animals, Can't think of any more right now.

And he did...maybe not in the best style...but TONY IS CHAMP!!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!! And who says there have to be boys around to watch..I got my husband interested in NASCAR :)

Nomilynn
11-17-2002, 10:02 PM
my very very favourite show is "Friends".. I'm collecting the seasons on DVD. Another fave is the Simpsons. Also collecting the seasons on DVD :D

Other faves are CSI (I prefer the Las Vegas one but Miami is pretty good too), Gilmore Girls, and NYPD Blue. I try not to miss any of those shows. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
11-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Well, since I really love Disney, I watch the Disney cahnnes a lot!
My favorite shows on the Disney channel:
Boy Meets World
Sister Sister

Animal Preciet
Breed All About It
K9 To 5
Cops

:) ;)

Dakota's Mommy
11-18-2002, 08:35 AM
I used to have a whole schedule of shows to watch throughout the week, which my dad got me hooked on, but since I moved out, I've greatly decreased on my tube time. The old shows were:

Crossing Jordan
Third Watch
Judging Amy
West Wing
Friends
ER
and
Nascar

Now, I make sure that I watch Friends and Nascar, maybe catch a few others here and there, and try to watch a few things on Animal Planet such as Planet's Funniest Animals. I love that show, the animals get me laughing to hard and I absolutely love to laugh!

Rachel
11-18-2002, 08:46 AM
Like Logan, I love almost anything and everything on HGTV.
Here are some more I like, but don't get to watch regularly.

Oprah
Scrubs
Everybody Loves Raymond
King of the Hill
Frazier
American Dreams
Surpise By Design
Big Brother
Survivor
Larry King (depending who he has on)

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2002, 08:48 AM
All time favorite....it would be the show I watched RELIGIOUSLY in college and right after...the show that convinced me I could do what I wanted....the best ever.....THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW!!!!

Rachel
11-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Edwina's Secretary....that was my all time favorite too. I was single until I was 30 really wished I could BE Mary.

iceyshiver21
11-18-2002, 01:02 PM
I like to watch:
Animal precinct
Animal cops
Fear
South Park
Buffy the vampire slayer
and a few that im forgetting:rolleyes: go figgure

anna_66
11-18-2002, 01:28 PM
The regulars that I watch~
Angel
Charmed
Smallville
SouthPark
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
Survivor (my fav:rolleyes: )
CSI
ER

Hey Staci & Amy, I think you'd get along well with Mark, he always loved the Dukes!!

Tanya&Fritz
11-18-2002, 01:36 PM
SURVIVOR :D I'm surprised more people didn't say it!

I also love:

Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond
60 Minutes
Dateline
Fear Factor (I can't watch when they have to eat anything though!)
Cops
America's Most Wanted

And last but not least...

Hockey (The Ottawa Senators)

anna_66
11-18-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz
SURVIVOR :D I'm surprised more people didn't say it!

I think they're too embarrassed to admit it;)

Crikit
11-18-2002, 07:06 PM
I like this topic :D

Shows that are still on:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel (mmmmm Angel)
CSI
Scrubs
Tall Ship Cronichles
JAG
The Amazing Race
Top Dogs
Third Watch
Trading Spaces

Shows no longer on:
The Facts of Life
Transfromers
GI JOE
He-man
She-ra
I love Lucy
Knight Rider
Thundercats
The Muppet Show

and if I really wanted to I could do a list of foreign tv shows but I think that would just disturb everyone so I don't think I will.

wolflady
11-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Crikit
Angel (mmmmm Angel)

LOL! :D I hear ya there! ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only WB nut on here. I usually am embarassed to admit it but I like all of these shows:
Charmed
Angel
Buffy (when I can catch it)
Gilmore Girls (cute show)
Smallville
Dawson's Creek (although they're kind of annoying me at this point. Why can't anyone just get together in these shows?? :rolleyes: LOL)
Birds of Prey

I also like:
Animal Precinct (when will they finally play new ones? I swear I see the same ones over and over and over...LOL)
Animal Cops
Emer. Vets
Moorepark 24/7 (don't know if it's still on or not)
Breed all about it
A Pet Story
...well, just about anything on Animal Planet

Changing Rooms and Trading Spaces is entertaining. Have you seen any of the episodes where they've hated it??! LOL

Frasier
Who's line is it anyway?
Simpsons
Beavis & Butthead
Daria

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
The regulars that I watch~
Angel
Charmed
Smallville
SouthPark
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
Survivor (my fav:rolleyes: )
CSI
ER

Hey Staci & Amy, I think you'd get along well with Mark, he always loved the Dukes!!

I don't think Mark and I would have any problems getting along...he stayed home to watch NASCAR and likes the Dukes!

I didn't think of cartoons. I like the Simpsons and King of the Hill... and in college we never missed South Park :)

shais_mom
11-18-2002, 11:59 PM
I agree with Amy, and I occasionally watch Nascar also!! ;) I don't think we would have problems!!;)
Dog lover, nascar lover, and duke lover, hmmmm he needs to start posting!!! lol!! He could be angus'daddy!!
lol
Back in Jan I went bowling with friends, (it was kinda setup :rolleyes: ) and when we left the restaraunt we were pretending to be the Dukes. And then when we left the bowling alley, there was a truck like Uncle Jessie's!! We were dying laughing!!
Sometimes on the USA or TNN network they play reruns of the Dukes, but they took them off for awhile, I was bummed!! Oh and tvland played the ATEAM!! Loved that one too!!

Logan
11-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
All time favorite....it would be the show I watched RELIGIOUSLY in college and right after...the show that convinced me I could do what I wanted....the best ever.....THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW!!!!

What a great show!!! And a family favorite when it was on in primetime. But I've enjoyed it on Nick at Nite from time to time, as well!!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-19-2002, 12:25 AM
I work at night so I miss all the prime time shows... but it doesn't matter my ALL TIME favorite shows are Planets Funniest Animals and Funniest Home Vidoes.
I used to be a HUGE wresteling fan.... before it got all trashy.... when GOLDBERG WAS THE MAN!!!!!!!

wolf_Q
11-19-2002, 12:36 AM

I think they're too embarrassed to admit it;)

LOL ok I admit it, I watch Survivor. I found it more interesting last time because of the Utah girl (Oh my Heck!) ha ha. I just don't consider it in my "favorites" catagory, lol. Actually, the reason I started watching CSI was because it came after Survivor.

I also LOVE just about anything on Animal Planet. Unfortunately, I don't have cable. :( So I go to my friends house and I can watch that channel for hours straight...it drives her nuts and she turns the T.V. off on me! I also like to watch MTV and VH1 over there, but it seems they play 90% sucky music videos most of the time.

I like the shows like 20/20, Dateline, 60 minutes, etc. I find them fascinating. :D I watch most of the shows on Fox also--such as Malcom in the Middle, Seinfeld, Futurama (I think my friend Cassie and I are the only people who still watch that show), etc. I like other sitcoms such as Friends, Frasier, Just Shoot Me, Third Rock from the Sun, etc.

But THE SIMPSONS is still the best show!! :D

anna_66
11-19-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

I agree with Amy, and I occasionally watch Nascar also!! ;) I don't think we would have problems!!;)
Dog lover, nascar lover, and duke lover, hmmmm he needs to start posting!!! lol!! He could be angus'daddy!!

Actually, he has a screen name (he wanted to vote in the funny dog pic contest) not angus'daddy~just Angus! And he's never posted, if he wants to add anything, he makes me post it:rolleyes: Needless to say, he can't type very well!
If you all have that much in common, you & Amy should come down sometime & we could all go out!

shais_mom
11-19-2002, 12:40 PM
OH ANNA! That would be a riot!!!

I forgot to say about the DUKES:
I have one of the plastic General Lee's that I have had since I was a kid and my oldest nephew was playing with it a couple years ago and he was starting to talk and I picked it up and he said "MY CAR" and I said "NO my car" he said "No my car" and I said "listen here, This has been MY CAR since before you were even an apple in your mom and dad's eye, THAT IS MY CAR!" ahh trying to reason with a 2 year old!!!
:D

alysha19
11-19-2002, 06:57 PM
SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS AND LIZZIE MCGUIRE!!!I LOVE THEM!!!!:D

Cincy'sMom
11-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
OH ANNA! That would be a riot!!!

Definately!!! I'd even bring Ralph so Mark doesn't feel too surrounded by women!

babolaypo65
12-14-2002, 11:05 AM
sorry, a little slow to post on this thread. but just wanted to chime in with:
This hour has 22 minutes!
I'm not canadian, but spend enough time there...i sometimes *feel* like i am.
its a great show! i laughed out loud when i saw your posting Lalania. good choice!

:D

HoRsELUvR
12-14-2002, 12:07 PM
My favorite shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Simpsons,and Charmed.

Randi
12-14-2002, 01:12 PM
I missed this till now. :eek:

There are SO many programmes in USA we don't get here, so half of the ones mentioned, I don't know.

These are some of the ones I/we like to see. I don't watch TV as much anymore, but I try not to miss the ones below. :)

Comedy:
Absolutely Fabulous - UK
Yes, Minister - UK
Faulty Towers - UK
Murder most horrid - UK ( Dawn French)
Essential Europe- UK (with george Cole)

Series
Morse - UK
Barnaby - UK
etc.

Other
The Osbornes - John had him visiting once in the sixties - big mess, he spewed up all over the kitchen floor! :eek:
Hard Talk
News
National Geographic programmes (Evolution, History Mysteries etc.)
Food programmes
Travel programmes
Aviation programmes
Robinson Expedition (where a group of people are sent on a remote island to try and survive on litterally nothing)

... and the best of all time - Brideshead Revisited!

DogMania
12-14-2002, 03:25 PM
these are mine

survivor
everything on animal planet
friends

RockyRoad
12-14-2002, 03:45 PM
I forgot about Fear Factor, The West Wing, and SPONGEBOB. I know I used to hate it but for some reason I'm obsessed now!!

Kfamr
12-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I don't watch TV that much.. but my favorite shows are.... Comic View, 106 , and sponge bob hehe.

RICHARD
04-18-2010, 11:21 PM
HUGE BUMP.....

I did a search on the Antique Roadshow and this thread showed up....

I love the ARS.

I am kinda partial to Pawn Stars and Am. Pickers....

I root against the pickers and pawners.

--------------

Earlier I saw a guy with a baseball jersey that belonged to Don Drysdale.

He played ball for the Dodgers and was issued an old DD shirt.

In the old days, the equipment was recycled by giving it to the minor league players to use.

The shirt was from 1966 and, check this out....

It was worth 20 to 30 THOUSAND DOLLARS!

that was too cool!

Suki Wingy
04-19-2010, 02:05 AM
This thread is from before I joined! Anyway, I looove tv. I just like the format better than movies. Let's see, here is a list of my faves.

Doctor Who (Classic and new!)
Torchwood
M*A*S*H
Life On Mars (UK only, sorry but I can't stand the American version. I need mah John Simm and Philip Glenister!)
Invader ZiM
Buffy
Angel
Firefly
Legend of the Seeker
Dollhouse
The Young Ones
Bottom
old History Channel specials

And I'm always a sucker for Cops! I don't watch much on the actual tv, most of what I watch is either canceled or not available in my country or on our current cable package. I have been known to watch shows like CSI and the ones where they re-open actual cold cases if they're on when I go to watch the tv.

momcat
04-19-2010, 07:57 AM
WKRP In Cincinati (The Thanksgiving promotion?)
Room 222
Kojack
Law & Order
Law & Order SVU
Judge Judy
The Good Wife
The Rachel Maddow Show
ER
Saturday Night Live (the early days with the originals)
Batman
I Love Lucy
Rowan & Martin's Laugh In (Remember Tiny Tim?)
Survivor
The Apprentice
Animal Planet's Most Extreme
Picket Fences
Cagney & Lacey
The Beverly Hillbillies
Monty Python's Flying Circus
American Bandstand (A real blast from the past!)

smokey the elder
04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I couldn't get into Legend of the Seeker since I have read all 11(!) Sword of Truth novels on which it is based. Too many plot discontinuities!

Faves: Lost; Dr. Who; Torchwood; Caprica; any Green Bay Packers game :D; Jeopardy!; Warehouse 13; Flash Forward, V; Ghost Hunters and GHI.

(You could say I like fantasy, science fiction and paranormal stuff....oh, and my Green Bay Packers!

anna_66
04-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Wow, this is an old thread Richard...way before Staci, Amy & I really knew each other (who knew we'd be such great friends!)

My favorites have changed a bit, but I'm STILL a huge survivor fan!

Some of my other favorites are:
Supernatural
Medium
Heroes
Fringe
Ghost Whisperer
Smallville

cassiesmom
09-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I did a search on "The Amazing Race" and found this thread from 2002 that had recently been bumped! Thanks, Richard!

Anyway... favorite TV shows (besides "The Amazing Race") --
Undercover Boss -- season premiere tonight!
The Good Wife
The Mentalist (Simon Baker ... *drool*)
Criminal Minds
Anything with "Law and Order" in the title, but especially SVU
The Big Bang Theory

Favorite past TV shows...
M*A*S*H
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers

momcat
09-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Has anyone seen "Boardwalk Empire"? What do you think so far? We're already hopelessly hooked on it.

Casper
09-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Currently on Air:
Adventure Time
Project Runway
On the Road with Austin & Santino
Modern Family

Older:
Star Trek: TOS
The Mighty Boosh
Dragon Ball Z
Invader Zim
Flying Circus
A Bit of Fry & Laurie

finn's mom
09-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Firefly. Firefly. Firefly. :) Unfortunately, my very favorite show ever created didn't even last an entire season!

Here are some others that I watch every episode of...

Castle
Royal Pains
Vampire Diaries
So You Think You Can Dance
Dancing With the Stars

:) There are tons of older shows that I grew up on...

And, some shows I will watch if they're on and I have nothing else to do...

House
Family Guy
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (really, pretty much anything on Adult Swim)
Law and Order (SVU and Criminal Intent)

CountryWolf07
09-29-2010, 09:07 AM
On the air:

Bones
Grey's Anatomy
Modern Family
The Mentalist
NCIS
How I Met Your Mother

Past shows (still watch it when on t.v..)

Seinfeld
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
King of Queens
Will & Grace

Roxyluvsme13
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't have a TV here at college, but I have DVDs, so...

Previously on Air
-Lost
-Charmed
-Angel
-21 Jumpstreet

On Air
-Bones
-Grey's Anatomy
-House

I seriously wish I had more time to watch TV and a TV to watch it on!

Randi
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
What fun... an old thread from 2002 popped up. :D

Since then, I have enjoyed watching "Friends" - "Manor of the Glenn" - "Top Gear" and The Graham Norton Show . Oh, and "To the Manor born" was quite good, but that is old.

Suki Wingy
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd like to add Red Dwarf and The Friday/Sunday Night Project.

smokey the elder
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
There's nothing new on this season that I can get into, now that LOST is over. *sniff* However, there's always The Universe, which is back. Into the Wormhole, with Morgan Freeman narrating, was on over the summer. That show has some really far-out, cutting edge cosmology and pics that look GREAT in HD!:)

Roxyluvsme13
09-30-2010, 03:31 PM
There's nothing new on this season that I can get into, now that LOST is over. *sniff*
I'm glad to see someone else is as highly upset as me that LOST is over :p. I haven't finished all of season six yet though, I'm kind of procrastinating watching it cause then it will be officially over.

cassiesmom
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Did anyone see "Undercover Boss" yesterday? It was Todd Ricketts, from the family that now owns the Chicago Cubs. I liked the part at the very end where he got to work the scoreboard (Wrigley and Fenway Park have the only hand-turned scoreboards in baseball) and put up the white W flag. I haven't been to a Cubs game in a long time because everything about it is so expensive- parking, tickets, something to drink at the game. It was fun to see Chicago on TV. I really liked the NASCAR one- both the boss and the different jobs he did -- and the lady from Great Wolf Lodge.

Here's the Cubs W flag-- they fly it when the team wins
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFEuTMGtdQ8oyQs5g2a6l-ymxyvG1rU8Rcmh7-DBZ6StXReIo&t=1&usg=__xr77rWzpULjqhCbe0YOa4YzS8MU=

And The Amazing Race ... was in Saint Petersburg, Russia and I've been there! I had goose bumps when I saw some of the places they went. I was disappointed for the team that got eliminated, but they did miss part of instructions.

Zippy
11-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Still On
NCIS
NCIS:LA
Vampire Diaries
Bones
The Mentalist
Masterpiece Classic and Mystery

Older
Friends
Firefly
Legend of the Seeker
Moonlight
Everwood

Suki Wingy
11-11-2010, 02:04 PM
There's nothing new on this season that I can get into, now that LOST is over. *sniff* However, there's always The Universe, which is back. Into the Wormhole, with Morgan Freeman narrating, was on over the summer. That show has some really far-out, cutting edge cosmology and pics that look GREAT in HD!:)

I think we tend to like all the same shows!

RobiLee
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Anybody watching the new series "The Walking Dead"? Only two episodes in and I'm hooked! Or, how about "The Big C" on Showtime. Love it!

Some of the shows I'm currently watching:

Dancing With The Stars
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Weeds
Medium
Law & Order: SVU
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters
The Good Wife
Two and a Half Men

I just listed some of the shows that are in thier current season and airing new episodes. TV is how I spend my evenings and I watch way too much of it...lol.

Alysser
11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Older Shows:
Star Trek TOS
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek TNG

New Shows:
Big Bang Theory
Psych
Burn Notice
Royal Pains
Two and a half men
Family Guy

cassiesmom
11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
And The Amazing Race ... was in Saint Petersburg, Russia and I've been there! I had goose bumps when I saw some of the places they went. I was disappointed for the team that got eliminated, but they did miss part of instructions.

Did anyone see "The Amazing Race" last night? The teams were in Bangladesh. I need to study my geography! I had to look on a map of the world to remember where Bangladesh is! (It's in Asia, shares a border with India.) When I saw it I thought of George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh. They were in the capital city of Dhaka, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. The pit stop was at a 17th century fortress. That is a place in the world I'll never visit, but I'm glad I got to see it on this show. I was disappointed for the team that was eliminated.

Karen
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I like geography, and remember so many incidences of floods and natural disasters in Bangladesh, that I knew the woman who basically said "Yay! Bangladesh!" had no idea what she was in for. I was okay that the eliminated team got the boot, and thought he handled it pretty graciously. After all, they probably wouldn't have been last had he not stopped to get a burger at the airport, and missed the chance for an earlier flight that two other teams subsequently found.

cassiesmom
12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
The teams were in South Korea on last night's show and they all commented about being aware of the difficult political situation between South and North Korea. My dad served in the Korean WAr.

RICHARD
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Has anyone seen "Boardwalk Empire"? What do you think so far? We're already hopelessly hooked on it.

Have not seen it, but will name a pet "Nucky" when it comes time.

DO NOT WASTE your time with the New Top Gear/USA.
-------------------

About the Amazing Race?

I am not a real "geography wiz" but kinda know where stuff is at. I find the "Yay, Bangladesh" comment to be funny and sad. I think the idea of winning the money supercedes the thought of picking up an atlas and reading it?

Timbuktu and Cucamonga are real places!;)

The one thing that bugs me happened last night in with the cabdriver that got ticked at the one couple.

THey are racing, but does that really mean you have to promote the idea of the "Ugly American" across the globe?

-------------------

I still like Survivor.

I would kill to go 'camping' in the places that show has been.

Vette
02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Past:
Spellbinder
Firefly
Star Trek Voyager an also Star Trek The Next Generation

early childhood animated series like He-Man; Johnny Quest; Gargoyles; Sonic the Hedgehog; Swat Kats also kept me entertained for hours. i still watch them on YouTube now an than if i can find them LOL

Present:
Supernatural
Chuck
The Cape
Kyle XY?(may of gotten canceled,, but im but not sure)
Nintendo Week
Ultimate Wii Challenge

an every now an then i watch Castle.

momcat
02-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Has anyone been watching "Harry's Law"? I like Kathy Bates and am hopelessly hooked.

caseysmom
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Has anyone been watching "Harry's Law"? I like Kathy Bates and am hopelessly hooked.

Yes I like it...I need to quite multi tasking when its on though and just watch it.

RICHARD
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
An Idiot Abroad.

http://science.discovery.com/tv/an-idiot-abroad/

Brit comedian Ricky Gervais sends his producer Karl Pilkington abroad tho see the world. KP get his travel plans at the last minute via cell phone.

One of the cleverest 'reality shows' ever.

One complaint?

No closed captioning, sometimes that brit accent throws me off.

Grace
02-14-2011, 10:41 PM

Yes. we both really enjoy this show. Recorded it tonight - Westminster was on. Will watch when Douglas gets home from work tomorrow.

CountryWolf07
02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
So I've noticed I quit watching "Two and a Half Men".. I don't know, it's just not so.. funny anymore. Such a pity about Charlie Sheen, though. If he really wants to help himself to get better, he will.

Otherwise, "Bones" and "The Mentalist" - getting really good into halfway season, now..

cassiesmom
12-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm bumping up this old thread because I noticed something with "Undercover Boss" the past couple of weeks. The lady who heads up Cinnabon also worked for Hooters corporate, so they showed her meeting with the CEO of Hooters (who was also an undercover boss) for some advice and tips. Then last night was a second trip for the head of a group of time-share resorts. I like that they are expanding it in these little ways.

redbird
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
My favorite programs right now are:

Revenge
Blue Bloods
Hawaii Five-0
Shark Tank (got hooked on that recently)
The Voice
Criminal Minds
Mob Doctor (it may get cancelled but I'm enjoying it right now)

pomtzu
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm not one for watching much on the regular network channels with the exception of the morning shows like GMA and Rachel Ray, and shows like Dateline or 20/20. I prefer Animal Planet, History Channel, Discovery, etc, and the shows that they carry. I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch, and tho it can be disgusting, I find "Hoarding-Buried Alive" to be riveting at times. I guess I'm just blown away with some of the conditions that people actually create for themselves and live in - a real eye-opener. YUK!!! And please-please-please whatever channel you are - send Honey Boo-Boo and her entire family packing. What a waste of good air time. Disgusting........:mad:

Karen
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM
We DVR and watch all sorts of stuff, Elementary, science shows, the Gold mining shows, Project Runway ...

I have never seen any of Honey Boo Boo's show, but another that is a mystery in its appeal to me is Dance Moms - I tried to watch it a couple times and just found Abby mean, and nothing particularly redeemable about any of it. It just made me think every single one of the kids is gonna need therapy later in life after dealing with all that abuse! (Disguised as 'commitment to dance' and really commitment to winning at any cost.)

pomtzu
12-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Any show that exploits children needs to be off the air. Toddlers and Tiaras is THE WORST!!!!! IMO - these parents are just pimping their kids and asking for trouble. Look at what happened to Jon Benet Ramsey! And these shows about pregnant teens just glorifies teen pregnancy in the eyes of some of the kids that watch. Some of the lessons that these shows send??!! - what the networks do for bucks and ratings! Outrageous.

caseysmom
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
The only shows I go out of my way to watch are modern family and the neightbors other than that I watch the cooking channels

momcat
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
There are a few favorites here. I'm into Survivor, The Good Wife, and both Law & Order and Law & Order SVU. Since I work with the Family Court through my job, I watch Judge Judy mostly for comiic relief plus that's Groucho's favorite show. He curls up next to me watching intently and at times he'll meow his opinion. I do miss Harry's Law with Kathy Bates.

Mike and I are both hopelessly hooked on Boardwalk Empire, we plan our Sundays around it.

redbird
12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm not one for watching much on the regular network channels with the exception of the morning shows like GMA and Rachel Ray, and shows like Dateline or 20/20. I prefer Animal Planet, History Channel, Discovery, etc, and the shows that they carry. I'm hooked on Deadliest Catch, and tho it can be disgusting, I find "Hoarding-Buried Alive" to be riveting at times. I guess I'm just blown away with some of the conditions that people actually create for themselves and live in - a real eye-opener. YUK!!! And please-please-please whatever channel you are - send Honey Boo-Boo and her entire family packing. What a waste of good air time. Disgusting........:mad:

I agree Honey Boo Boo is a waste of time, so is The Medium. Don't know why that station puts so much junk on TV.

pomtzu
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I agree Honey Boo Boo is a waste of time, so is The Medium. Don't know why that station puts so much junk on TV.

Because it's all about their ratings, and there are millions of people out there that just love to watch this kind of garbage!

carole
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Coronation street(british soap)
Shortland Street (NZ soap)
Packed to the rafters (aussie soap)
Offspring (aussie soap,)best ever, if you get a chance to see this, you must watch it, fantastic series.
Location,location,location (british programme about finding houses for clients) with Phil and Kirsty.
annabel langbein The Free Range cook, NZ COOKING SHOW.
Master chef NZ or Aussie or UK or USA series.
Hotel Hell. gordon Ramsay.
Emmerdale farm British Soap.
NZ's got talent.
Xfactor USA, and X factor NZ starts soon YES!!.
Gok Wan, how to look good naked and all his series.
SVU.

YEP i like my soaps , and cooking shows.

Randi
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I enjoy watching documentaries, some cooking shows and a program called Deadline, which is mostly about politics - and of course, a good film.

Have to add "The Daily Show" - I see that when I remember it's on. It's on in the daytime, where I normally don't watch TV.

cassiesmom
12-23-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm enjoying "Too Cute" on Animal Planet very much! Today I saw three wrinkly, adorable Shar Pei puppies- Raisin, Pancake and Peaches. Raisin was black and his sisters were tan. They were so little and sweet! I didn't know that the Shar Pei has a blue tongue, so I learned something from "Too Cute"!

Now that I don't have Tuesday evening rehearsals anymore I am watching "NCIS" regularly. Great cast and fun guest stars- Joe Spano, and Robert Wagner as DiNozzo's father.

cassiesmom
12-29-2014, 07:12 PM
I did a search on "The Amazing Race" and found this thread from 2002 that had recently been bumped! Thanks, Richard!

Anyway... favorite TV shows (besides "The Amazing Race") --
Undercover Boss -- season premiere tonight!
The Good Wife
The Mentalist (Simon Baker ... *drool*)
Criminal Minds
Anything with "Law and Order" in the title, but especially SVU
The Big Bang Theory

Favorite past TV shows...
M*A*S*H
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers

Undercover Boss is NOT one of my favs anymore after last night's episode featuring Doug Guller, the CEO of "Bikinis", a Texas-based chain of restaurants along the lines of Hooters and Tilted Kilt. He fired one employee on national television - and offered another breast augmentation if she could improve her performance for six months. The whole thing was creepy.

Karen
12-29-2014, 09:37 PM
He fired one employee on national television - and offered another breast augmentation if she could improve her performance for six months. The whole thing was creepy.

Yikes, sounds awful! What a way to get young women to think their only valuable asset is their cup size! Yuck!

smokey the elder
12-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Updated faves and not so faves:

New faves:
NASCAR
Any cosmology show (The Universe; Stripping the Cosmos, etc.
All paranormal investigation shows are off the list since some Ghosthunters past cast members debunked some of the finds. Very disappointing. Take a dodgy field and make it even worse.
The Big Bang Theory: I went to school with those folks!:D
Once Upon a Time
Grimm
Constantine

Continuing:

Doctor Who!
Green Bay Packers
Jeopardy! (but am disappointed at the quality of the play lately. Alex is getting really snarky, too.)

Vette
01-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Nothing really new to add. still watching Star Trek Voyager
Firefly(flipping off Fox for cancelling it still)
Frasier

animes
Steins; Gate
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Speed Grapher(warning: the first 3episodes have ew scenes. just saying)

Karen
01-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Been interesting watching the Ultimate Survival Alaska show, it is not a false, "someone gets voted off" type of survival, but actually the challenges of trekking across Alaska wilderness, with various goal and rewards set up, but navigating wild creeks, ice floes, glaciers, etc. There's still the team and human dynamics and interactions, but the stakes are much more real!