PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Breast Cancer news

Karen
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I have long thought that there are at least two dieases that are labeled ALS - Lou Gehrig's disease, which is what my mother died from. It develops differently (hands and feet in some people, maxofacial area in others like Ma) and most die within 3 years, but some people (like Stephen Hawking) live many, many years with it. And mostly because there is no test for it - they test for everything else, and if it's none of those, they call it ALS.

Well, now it seems they are figuring out "breast cancer" is actually several different diseases, all cancers, but different, and should be treated (eventually) differently.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17740690

Interesting, huh?

I know different women that have had such different experiences, one who thought "it can't be breast cancer, as that doesn't hurt like this." Rest in peace, Ann.

carole
04-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Thanks for that Karen, as my mother has breast cancer now over ten years ago, i find this a very interesting article.

Barbara
04-25-2012, 05:21 AM
I think we will experience this with many diseases as research goes deeper into the causes. I am more or less sure that Parkinson's is more than just one disease.

chocolatepuppy
04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Very interesting. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. I'll have to tell her about this.