View Full Version : HALEDON, NJ: URGENT: If these cats end up at the Paterson shelter, they don’t stand a chance.

phesina
04-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Please, if anyone can help, even just by passing this message on:

===========>

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:34 AM

Hello -

I have two young black male cats (nuetered) from the same litter who are approximately 1.5yrs old. This past Friday I was notified by work that I am to be relocated cross country for international work in Northern Canada. The project is 2yrs long and based out of a remote camp - no pets allowed.

I've tried to find friends and family to watch them but nobody can commit to a two year responsibility. I'm at a loss as the movers packed all my things this morning including my car. My flight leaves tomorrow evening. Tough spot - I never imagined myself or the cats to be in.

I would like to surrender them to someone who is caring or a trustworthy rescue group. Fully sponsored. I will cover all adoption costs etc. These are two great cats who were rescued as kittens. Please give me a call if you can help.

(970) 290-5284

Thanks -

Chris
===============

Lizzie
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
They have been taken in by a rescue group who will find them a new home or homes. I talked to Chris and he said people have been calling him left and right to see if they can help. He'd like to get the message out that they are safe.

phesina
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh, that's wonderful. Thank you so much, Lizzie, AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Do you know Alexandra, Lizzie? She's the one I get all these NJ-area notices from that I post here. She keeps tabs on loads of cats in the area who need rescue and has a vast network of people she alerts.
I just let her know about this PT posting and your response. You might want to be in touch with her, if you're not already.

IT IS SO GOOD WHEN ANY OF THESE CATS IS HELPED WITH ALL THESE NOTICES AND THE CROSS-POSTING!!!!! I am hoping that so many more of them (maybe most? ALL, please God?) also find refuge and we just don't hear about it after.

Love and all God's blessings to you all who love and help and rescue cats in whatever ways you are able,
Pat and my 7 cats (all rescues)
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lizzie
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Pat,

I live all the way across country so don't respond unless I read about a cat on the west coast, or unless there looks like a possibility the person surrendering the cat can get it to me. I knew cats that young would do well in the adoption centers of the shelter where I volunteer, and I thought Chris (if he has a good job and is truly concerned for the cats) might find a way to have them given rabies shots and transport to me. However, it was a huge relief they had been taken care of. I can't remember the name of the person who took them in, I'm afraid. It was also great to hear that he'd received such a big response to his plea. I know the rescues in your part of the country are truly overwhelmed.

I'm always relieved to read on this forum that the cats you have posted about have been rescued and I think it's great that you post about them all the time, never giving up hope.