PDA

View Full Version : Meet the newest addition to our family...Dandylion!

Christiansmommy
11-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Here she is...she is such a sweetheart and follows me everywhere, purring away!!

We rescued this little dainty sweetheart from a shelter. She still needs to be spayed...and she has an intestinal parasite, which we are giving meds to clear it up. We actually were looking for a gray or black cat, but Dandy was just so affectionate that she was literally hanging her paws out of the cage to get my attention! It was love at first sight and i went and filled out an application for her. I turned out to be the first applicant...so i got the first call...and we ran right over and picked her up!! So she is now safe and sound and cozy warm at home here with us. Can't wait to share more pics and stories with you all!!

Gabe has a half sister in New Jersey now ;) Hehehe :)

Robyn

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p517ae83f169e8a05b711a7088b5ae62b/fd09e6ca.jpg

There is a lot more pics here... http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291110195 ...if you have time, take a look :)

Karen
11-16-2002, 01:07 PM
She's lovely - but the picture didn't load the first time, and I was expecting a yellow cat from her name! Instead she is the

White puff of downy
Softness, too sweet to let drift
Away on fall's winds

Welcome, Dandylion! :)

Terminalvelocity
11-16-2002, 01:10 PM
She is SO BEAUTIFUL!! That gorgeous white fur. Makes you want to grab her and hug her. I love the picture of her sleeping. What an angel!

Christian is such a handsome boy! He's adorable!

rosethecopycat
11-16-2002, 01:43 PM
Thank you for saving her. She looks a lot happier than she would in an old cage.

Thank you, Mommy, I Love You.
From, Dandylion;)

toughCookie
11-16-2002, 02:20 PM
oh my god she is absolutely ...lovely is the right word! can I have her??LOL

Felicia's Mom
11-16-2002, 03:39 PM
She is beautiful.

lynnestankard
11-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Oh CM - I'm totally in love with this beautiful cutie-pie - isn't she the most gorgeous furlady?

I bet Gabe's a bit disappointed he didn't behave!! Fancy having such a pretty half sister!!! LOL.

Lynne

sasvermont
11-16-2002, 04:55 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pf2d6baaabc9ce6020d39c4eb302651d9/fd176bfd.jpg

Http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pa454616d547a28e3d3d29a008df10b91/fd176bf7.jpg

Well, Mom in NJ, this is how I spend my free time now. Coming and going outside, as I please, with my new MOM in tow. So I don't want you to feel as though you have REPLACED ME with that furry white thing you call DANDY - but merely sent me to Camp Vermont for a better life.

I trust this white fluffy thing is nicer than I ever was and probably ever will be. I should let you know Mom, that I am being a good boy and that I don't regret or resent having been shipped off to reform school aka Camp Vermont.

I love my new house and family and I hope that Dandy feels the same way about her new family. I am sure she does.

Sorry things didn't work out for us, but hey, I am happy now, you are happy now... and now Dandy is happy. Two cats live happily ever after. The End.

P. S.

Dandy, I think you will enjoy having so much positive attention and don't forget to ask for lots of TREATS! They're good for it, I remember!

Love forever,
GABE

Lillycat
11-16-2002, 05:04 PM
what a beautiful kitty!!...dandylion is just dandy!!!

Miss Meow
11-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Dandylion is so beautiful, how wonderful you are for rescuing her. I hope she gives you years and years of love and happiness:)

jenluckenbach
11-16-2002, 06:35 PM
wonderful name, beautiful cat. Lucky you wondered in to the shelter and that she grabbed your attention

Pam
11-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Dear little Dandylion - This is your grandmommy human stopping by to say how happy I am that you have such a nice new home. It makes me cringe to know that you were wandering around with no one to love or love you in return. I know for sure that now you will be loved and spoiled. Welcome to Pet Talk, little one, the place where all the cool kitties hang out. :cool:

Dear Gabe - It was good to hear from you. You look handsome as ever and it does my heart good to hear that you are so happy. What a nice life you are living now with Graemer, Miley and your nice new mommy. We will never forget you and wish you well little friend!!
{{{HUGS}}}

Christiansmommy
11-16-2002, 08:06 PM
Gabe, you look so handsome :) It does my heart good to see you sooo happy :) You were my "first born" and I will always have a place for you in my heart, always...your picture is hanging on my wall and i will introduce Dandy to you...you are just as handsome as she is pretty ;) I do know that Vermont was the answer to all of our prayers...and it makes me feel so much better knowing you are happy...you're better off there and that is evident...and b/c of that i was able to make this a home for another little kitty in need of one...so like your mommy said...everyone is happy...happily ever after...the end ;) I'll just explain to Dandy, that you were shipped off to boot camp...to help straighten you out :) heheh :) Graemer, Miley and Mommy SAS are doing an excellent job with you...so keep behaving little man...b/c you have it good :)

And thanks everyone for the compliments on the little lady :) We left her alone for the first time tonight and she was asleep on the couch when we got home and greeted us with tons of meows and purrs...what a sweetheart she is!!

AmberLee
11-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Pam
...and wish you well little friend!!...

I know, it's horrible to open this can of worms about my eyes again, but at first glance I read this as ... you weird little friend... and although it seemed appropriate for the Gabester, somehow it didn't really sound like something you would say, Pam.

LOL!

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2002, 10:59 PM
She's gorgeous and I love her name. :D I'm so glad that you were able to adopt her and give her a forever home. :)

sasvermont
11-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Robyn,

It just brings tears to my eyes, reading all the nice things about Dandy. It is also nice for you that now you have found the perfect kitty for your family. Dandy reminds me of Gabe, in that she has longish fur and is white.... but her disposition seems just right for being around Christian. She is a "keeper" for sure. She picked a great family to become a part of.... and vice versa.

Good luck with her - and I am sure she will give you lots of furry love for years to come. Thanks for taking her home with you. ...forever..... Isn't it funny how they steal your heart....?!!!

Love,
Sas

smokey the elder
11-17-2002, 08:29 AM
What a beautiful foofy girl! Thanks for adopting an adult kitty when everyone is looking for kittens. Give Dandylion a scritch for me.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2002, 02:04 PM
I'm so happy to hear you got a new addition. Dandylion looks and sounds like a real sweetheart, and seems to be more of the kind of kitty that could tolerate a small child like Christian. I'm glad you decided that Christian does need a kitty to grow with because I think it's so important for kids to learn about pets as early as possible.

It's sad you had to give up Gabe, but he really seems to like Camp Vermont and his new brother and sister, so, as I always say, things always work out for the best even though we might not be able to see it at the time.

Welcome Dandylion! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all kinds of tails about you and your skin brother, Christian. :D

moosmom
11-18-2002, 02:21 PM
She is precious!! I love her name, it fits her perfectly!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: WELCOME DANDYLION!!

kimlovescats
11-18-2002, 02:28 PM
She is beautiful! I am happy for Gabe as well!
Happy, purry endings!

Cataholic
11-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Dandylion is sooo beautiful! How did you arrive at her name? i am glad to see things are working out for everyone. I do think it is funny that SAS has two slimmys and a fat boy..he he he..that picture of Gabe and one of the slimmys in the window really sets off the contrast.

smokey the elder
11-19-2002, 08:17 AM
I think it's great for little ones to be around animals. Last weekend there was this family of "cat virgins" (never had a cat) who wanted to adopt a kitten. They had a 3 year old. They were first looking at 2 11-week-old tortie sisters. But their foster mom said that they were little terrors. Then I showed them a foofy tortie named Brownie. She was a "teen ager" (5 months old.) This cat let me hold her upside down on one arm, so that was a good sign. The father had her in his arms and she was purring away. The family adopted the cat.:)

Christiansmommy
11-19-2002, 09:08 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p64d1d71ba0f8d7f86edbd362e2d84390/fd070265.jpg

I agree, Smokey. It is very important for children to be exposed to animals at a young age. It helps them to understand and respect animals and develope a love for them as children. My Christian is still learning what kitties are...b/c he is still very young...but he and Dandy have already established an understanding between them...when he just wants to play soft and pet her, she stays close, but when he wants to chase her...she knows to jump up on the top of the sofa and observe from there ( it goes w/o saying that I would never let him "play hard" with her anyway). I know they will be the best of friends as they both get older...and she is really the perfect cat for a young child to be around!! She is sooo relaxed and easy going and loves to be in whatever room Christian (my son) and I are in...we couldnt have asked for a better temperment in a cat!

Robyn

Rachel
11-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Karen

White puff of downy
Softness, too sweet to let drift
Away on fall's winds

Karen, that is lovely...

neko1
11-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Wow what a stunning beauty! Great name too!:)

Tina
11-19-2002, 08:07 PM
She is so beautiful!! Congrats on your new addition!!