PDA

View Full Version : Neurologist appointment this afternoon

emily_the_spoiled
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
So my newest addition to the gang has a neurologist appointment this afternoon. I think that he has Manx Syndrome, but this will hopefully give me a diagnosis either way.

Please keep your paws (and fingers) crossed for him. Any prayers would be appreciated.

Catty1
04-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Everything crossed and prayers going out! I hope there is an answer and some treatment!:love:

Freedom
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Aw poor kitty. Good luck with the appt!

phesina
04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Prayers and warm wishes that all goes well with the neurologist.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Prayers fir some clarity and answers!

emily_the_spoiled
04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Just got back and yes we got a lot of clarity. It seems that he suffered some type of trauma when he was a young kitten and a number of his vertebrae have fused together. But we are going to try Bethanechol for the incontinence. Once that is stabilized we are then going to try to see if phenobarbital will work for his seizures. So all things considered this at least gives me a few treatment options and the prayers must have been working ;)

Karen
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey, that helps, thank goodness you went to them. Hope the new meds help, and at least now he is where he will never have to worry about such trauma ever happening again!

Give him a kiss on the top of his head for me, will you, Cheryl?

mrspunkysmom
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Now you have some clarity and a cause. It's only forward from here. Hope all works and he can lead as normal a life as possible.

catmandu
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
We are praying that your New Friend:love: will be all right.:love:
God Bless You for giving your New Arrival a fighting chance and giving your New Cat :):)a hope for a normal life:love::love:

katladyd
04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
He's going to improve, I just know it! Sending good thoughts and prayers to the little guy.:love: