PDA

View Full Version : I helped a kitty yesterday.

Taz_Zoee
04-09-2012, 01:08 PM
We went to Bruce's brothers house for Easter. They recently had to put the cats outside in a "cat house" (basically it's a childs playhouse they converted for the cats...it's actually a nice set up) outside because years of living with the cats Bruce's brother had a serious reaction to them. His throat was all scarred up from years of breathing cat hair. He was allergic when they first met (like 25 years ago), but she had 3 cats when they got married so he just dealt with it and eventually didn't show any signs.
Bruce's SIL LOVES her cats, don't get me wrong. She loves them so much she wouldn't think of rehoming them so they could live inside. That just doesn't make sense to me, but anyway. :confused: So it was very nice outside and I went out to see the kitties. Only one is a people kitty, Willy. Josie is 18 and is losing the use of her backlegs and Scooter...........well, I've never actually seen Scooter. He hides all the time. I got Willy to jump up in the window so I could pet him. That's when I noticed his front paw was bloody. I told Brad and he came to look. He couldn't see anything and when he walked away I gently took Willy's paw and carefully pressed on the pad to extend his nails. That's when I discovered one of his nails had grown around and into the pad. Brad went and got clippers and peroxide and I helped him by holding Willy while he clipped. Willy was such a good boy, he didn't flinch or squirm at all. He was loving the attention he was getting even if it meant getting his nail clipped. All the rest of his nails were fine, not too long AT ALL.
Not only is it sad to see them out like that, but Willy is a long-hair and his coat is just nasty. :( It's not matted at all, but just dirty and not pretty like it used to be. It makes me so sad, but there's nothing I can do about it. At least I was there to discover his paw. Brad claims it wasn't like that the day before. But it had obviously been that way for a while. Willy had been licking at it because the fur was missing from the toe next to the ingrown one.

Anyway, that was my good deed for yesterday. :)

Karen
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Awww, poor kitty! Thank you for helping him!

I had the opposite experience - I got to meet my newest kitty nephew yesterday, and not only is he a loved and spoiled inside kitty, I had to go upstairs to meet him, as he was quite content lazing in the middle of the bed, as opposed to dealing with all the noisy company downstairs! Bennie is solid black with a very luxurious medium-long hair coat.

Taz_Zoee
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Awww, poor kitty! Thank you for helping him!

I had the opposite experience - I got to meet my newest kitty nephew yesterday, and not only is he a loved and spoiled inside kitty, I had to go upstairs to meet him, as he was quite content lazing in the middle of the bed, as opposed to dealing with all the noisy company downstairs! Bennie is solid black with a very luxurious medium-long hair coat.

Awww, that's nice. :)

moosmom
04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Aw Taz Zoe, thanks for helping that baby out!!! I love to hear stories like that.

mrspunkysmom
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Same here. It's a shame they won't re-home them.

kitten645
04-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Excellent job Cindy! I think life sends us where we need to be. You helped a kitty that needed you. Bravo!

catmandu
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
That was so kind of you to do that Good Deed for Willy:cool:
Good deads for Our Animals never go unrewarded so we bet that something good will happen for you:love:

katladyd
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, I can understand it would be tough to rehome and 18-year-oldc kitty and a very shy one. But I bet it would be very easy to rehome Willy. I feel for everyone involved in this.:(

lizbud
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
This story reminds me of the case of one of my neighbors & their Yorkie pup. They are a fine upstanding couple with
two well behaved young girls & a baby less than one year old. Last summer they got the yorkie pup, I guess as a gift
for the girls. Things must not have worked out because the dog was later consigned to the back yard.:( He is out there
in all kinds of weather. They do put a sweater on him when it's cold outside & he does have a doghouse of sorts. It really
makes me wonder why they haven't given the dog up to be rehomed so it can be house trained & stay inside at night.

This isn't a 100lb dog, it's a tiny Yorkie.:confused:

phesina
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Well done, Cindy. God bless you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
That was so good of you to help with kitty's paw. I'm sure he feels much better now. Chances are his owners would never have noticed or done anything if you had not pointed it out. Just shaking my head for the way some humans treat their pets.

Now to lizbud who has a neighbor who has put their Yorkie outside. I think that's cruel. As I understand it, little Yorkies should be housedogs (never had one) but hate the thought that it is outside in all kinds of weather. I know my chi gets cold very easily even in the house when I run a/c. lizbud, do you need a Yorkie??