PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU seen Pudsey yet? :)

Freedom
04-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Pudsey: 6 y.o. bichon frise' x border collie x Chinese crested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_gOBi8Wpk

Asiel
04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
The dog is cute as a button but I really don't like the idea of crossing so many breeds, you can end up with a dog who inherits all the health issues from each breed. Not to mean it always happens but it more often does.
We have so many breeds out there already and so many homeless dogs,purebred and mixed, it might be better to leave well enough alone and give the homeless ones a home maybe?

Freedom
04-07-2012, 08:13 PM
The point of the video is NOT what breed the dog is . . . . :rolleyes:

Lilith Cherry
04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow Pudsey you are just so smart! Keep on dancin, doggie boy!:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2012, 09:27 PM
What a cute video and a very talented dog.:) I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this with us.:)

lizbud
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Great job Pudsey.:love: What a incredible bond they share.:love:

mrspunkysmom
04-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I saw it just an hour ago. An amazing dog and an amazing bond those two have. I delayed watching it, not wanting to be disappointed. I wasn't. :D

I would have posted sooner, but this started me on a Got Talent safari, watching several excellent auditions. :D

Miss Z
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
The dog is cute as a button but I really don't like the idea of crossing so many breeds, you can end up with a dog who inherits all the health issues from each breed. Not to mean it always happens but it more often does.
We have so many breeds out there already and so many homeless dogs,purebred and mixed, it might be better to leave well enough alone and give the homeless ones a home maybe?

I would suggest that the likelihood of developing breed associated diseases would be reduced in an outbred animal. After all, it is widening the gene pool, and the chance of developing all of the diseases of the parent breeds is possible but small, since the defective gene of one breed is likely to be silenced by the other. It's got to be better than conserving the bad genes in a purebred line, surely?

On the audition itself - I was so desperate to see a dog act when I went to watch the London auditions, but never saw one! I would have loved to have seen Pudsey live. He clearly loves what he does, and has a very devoted and mature owner. I'll be voting for them!

pomtzu
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Very cute! Britain has some talented pooches. The was another girl/dog dance act on BGT several years ago that was awesome too. I think it was Kate and Gin (?). I'll have to look for it.