PDA

View Full Version : Eat cake today!

Karen
04-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Today is Aunt Bertha's birthday, I am sure she is surrounded by beloved animals up in heaven, sharing her birthday day cake with them all! So spoil someone a little today - as she always spoiled us, she was an excellent cook, but meals were always pretty late, and I'd end up with no room for dessert. And because she'd not want me to miss out, she'd send dessert home with me in a nice dish. There was always one dessert dish at my parent's house waiting to go back to Aunt Bertha's the next time we visited.

So hug someone today, and smile. She passed away many years ago now, but I always think of her on this day.

chocolatepuppy
04-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I've had (and will have some more) cheesecake danish today. I hope that's good enough for aunt Bertha!:)

Karen
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
As long as you enjoy it, I am sure she would think that's fine! :)

When she was a child, and her birthday fell during Lent, she was not allowed a cake or party, which I objected to. So when she was elderly, I made sure we celebrated her birthday whether or not Easter had come. She was number 6 of 8 children, and several of the others had birthdays that fell outside the season, so they ALWAYS had cake.

phesina
04-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Happy birthday to Aunt Bertha! I bet she and her animal friends are all enjoying their heavenly treats right now!

mrspunkysmom
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Happy Birthday Aunt Bertha!