PDA

View Full Version : I'd like some help with a video, please?

Freedom
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Friend used HER camera, took a video for me, of Willy doing weave poles in Agility class.

She sent it to me as an email attachment, and I have saved it on my laptop. It went into Music - Playlists. I've tried moving it to MY VIDEOS, but then I get an an error message, that Windows Media Player can't play it. Since I have it and I can watch it, that isn't a big deal.

I wanted to capture a frame from the video, of Willy in amongst the poles. I think I could do it if this were a video. I haven't a clue how to do this with it as a "music" item. Nothing I have tried works.

I will take my camera and have another video done. Willy isn't quite reliable on weave poles, so it could take some time to get a good video again lol.

On the email, the file has an .mpg extension. However, when I save it, it changes to a playlist. Weird.

Meanwhile, anyone want to get me one photo from this one? I guess you'd have to give me your email addy and I can send it to you for you to work on.

Karen
04-07-2012, 04:17 PM
You can send me the mpg file, no problem, you have my email address, right?

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2012, 07:05 PM
.mpg is a Quicktime file, isn't it? Do you have Quicktime on your computer? That could be why it's converting it to a playlist, that'd be my guess.

mrspunkysmom
04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Quicktime wouldn't let me save a screenshot or snapshot in the player mode. Like everything else these days, they want money.

I used windows live to get her some snapshots. Anyone else with video editors can probably do it easier.

I don't know why her media player thought it was a music file. Something must have happened in the file associations.