PDA

View Full Version : F-18 crashes into Virginia Beach apartment complex

mrspunkysmom
04-06-2012, 01:18 PM
It's on the news now.

Anyone from VB? Hope all are okay.

pomtzu
04-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah - we've been watching the coverage on CNN. I can't imagine the pilots not being able to make it as far as the beach - only about 8 blocks away. So far no deaths, but who knows how many were in the apartments that were affected. It always seems to hit close to home when devastation hits an area that you have frequented many times, and have friends that live in the vicinity too.
I don't know of any PTers in the VA Beach area tho.
My prayers go out to all that have been effected by this tragedy.

Cat Daddy
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow, I have some co-workers in VA beach. Hope everyones OK. I'll have to remember to watch the news tonight

lvpets2002
04-06-2012, 03:14 PM
:( How so so Horrible..

momcat
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
This is an unspeakable tragedy and my heart & prayers go out to those affected. Details seem to be rather sketchy. I did hear that emergeny responders are coming from all over to offer their help. May those in the apartment building be safe!

BitsyNaceyDog
04-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Wow, I hope there are no serious injuries. A small plane crashed into a grocery store in my town earlier this week.

Catty1
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow...talk about miracles!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/navy-jet-crashes-virginia-apartments-3-unaccounted-023446677.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - All residents of an apartment complex for the elderly in Virginia that was destroyed when a U.S. Navy fighter jet crashed into it on Friday, have been accounted for, with only one resident still hospitalized with minor injuries, a rescue crew chief said on Saturday.

The person not yet discharged is in good condition though believed to have broken bones, Virginia Beach Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Tim Riley.

"Everyone has been accounted for" at the Mayfair Mews complex in Virginia Beach, Riley told Reuters. "We are not actively looking for anyone."

kitten645
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I heard the pilot strapped to his ejected seat was found in the backyard! He's okay too. What a miracle!