PDA

View Full Version : April 5th was Kimba's first gotcha day!

katladyd
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
53223I was so busy with business yesterday I forgot to post that yesterday was Kimba's first Gotcha Day. He has gone from a semi-feral kitten who was covered in car grease into the beautiful white baby he is today. I will post pictures later, when I have time to get them from my camera to my computer. Rest assured, he is very beautiful, solid white without ANY markings and huge golden eyes that just beg for pets. He's a drooler, though. When he's on your lap getting loves, he just drools and drools and drools! He's quite a character. He'll never be a big cat, I'd say he's around 5 or 6 lbs, but he has a great big heart and an even bigger personality!:love::love::love:
I finally got my pics to upload.53224
As you can see, he loves to sleep in my big old spaghetti pot.

Felicia's Mom
04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Happy gotcha day Kima!

mrspunkysmom
04-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Happy First Gotcha Day, Kima! :love:

katladyd? Can you re-post how you came to serve Kima?

katladyd
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
53225 Here's another picture of himwhile he's awake.:D
Okay, here's how Kimba came to own me. It was around Christmas of 2010 and I was walking up my apartment driveway from my car to my front door. This little white kitten with a blue collar with a bell on it was standing at the end of the driveway looking at me. He was adorable, so I called, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" and he came running to me with his little bell jingling. He rubbed up against my leg and started purring. I then went inside and he ran off. I figured he belonged to someone so I really didn't think twice about it. I was talking to my apartment manager about a week later and I asked her if she had seen the little white kitten I had seen. She said someone had moved and just left him there but she was leaving food out for him. A few days later I saw him in someone's apartment window and felt happy! He had a home again! Fast forward about 2 weeks later, I saw him outside again and his pretty white fur was covered in grease, like he had been sleeping under cars. Well, that broke my heart and I went to see my apartment manager to find out what had happened. She just told me his new owners had just thrown him back outside. I told her that it was too bad I already had two cats (our apartment building's limit), or I would take him in. She said, "I wouldn't tell anyone. What three cats?" and smiled. So, about a week later, my son caught him and brought him inside. He was a bit feral at first and my other two fought with him constantly, but I would not put him back outside! Now the fighting is reduced to growls and they sometimes will sleep on the bed with him. Progress. He is a little stinker and I love him to bits!

phesina
04-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Happy GOTCHA DAY #1, beautiful precious KIMBA!!!!!

momcat
04-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi Kimba! I'm wishing you a very happy First Gotcha Day. This is a very special day for you, a year in a loving furever home where you will always be cared for and safe. It's easy to see why your Meowmie fell totally in love with you, you are beyond adorable!

Wishing you many many more years of love and companionship with your wonderful furever family. Celebrate your day with lots of your favorite treats and non stop love!

Sending you tons of lovies to help celebrate your special day! :love: :love:

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Awwww, Happy Gotcha Day Kimba! I remember when you got him, but I didn't remember the whole story. That was a great story!

cassiesmom
04-06-2012, 05:38 PM
The year has flown! Happy Gotcha Day, precious Kimba!!

Bengalz
04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Kimba!! Such a great mommy you have to take you in and show how to live the good life:D. Enjoy being spoiled and be a good little brother;).

Pinot's Mom
04-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm so sorry I missed the day, Kimba, but I know your Mom gave you all kinds of special treats for your very special day! Enjoy, sweetie!:love:

chocolatepuppy
04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Kimba!!! What a wonderful rescue story!:love:

catmandu
04-07-2012, 09:33 AM
:love::love::love:
Happy Gotcha Day to Our of Our Favorite Cats!!!
A Happy Gotcha Day to You from the Found Hotel Cat Nine, Our Porch Ctas and All Of Our Pet Angels.:love::love::love:

katladyd
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Kimba says "Thanks" to everyone's kind comments. He told me to tell all of you that he was indeed spoiled on his very first Gotcha Day! But then, he's always spoiled. Thank you all again for your kind comments about my precious little boy.:):love:

astrid
04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
HAPPY (belated) GOTCHA DAY PRECIOUS KIMBA!!!

Love and purrs from your friends:love::love:
Sophie and her Staff Member Astrid

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
HAPPY 1st GOTCHA DAY KIMBA!!! He sure is a handsome boy and I'm so glad that he now has a loving and caring forever home now.:)