PDA

View Full Version : Had to turn on the heat today

mrspunkysmom
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
It is much cooler than it's been. The temp dropped to the mid 40s last night. And it is windy. Such a temp change.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

cassiesmom
04-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Overnight frost warnings and a low of 32F! Boo, I want the warmer weather back! It's supposed to be sunny and mid-50s for Easter Sunday :)

pomtzu
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
The weather can't make up it's mind. A few weeks ago it was summer-like, but it's been back down to more normal temps for this time of year - 50's and low 60's during the day. Mornings are definitely chilly enough to turn the heat on to take the chill out of the house, and a sweater or sweatshirt is needed during the day to go outside, since it's quite breezy and that adds a chill. But soon enough I'll be complaining that it's too hot, and I'll be staying in the house with the a.c. on. I'd love a happy medium, but being on the Atlantic coast - that ain't gonna happen! :(:p

Catty1
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
We had a winter storm warning the other night....Wed night to Thursday morning we got about 2 - 3 inches of snow. It melted quite quickly. Other areas got 4 inches or more. I do love the sight of snow falling, so am enjoying it when I can.

Stay warm, everyone!

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Here in "sunny" California it is nice during the day...low 60's, but then it drops way down at night........low 40's. It has been very windy in my area too this week. I'm hoping summer will hurry up and show her face, but not too much. LOL I don't want it to be in the 100's. Upper 70's low 80's is perfect for me.

lizbud
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
This has been a strange year so far. I've had both the AC or Heat on at different ups & downs of the temps.:confused:

Bonny
04-06-2012, 05:10 PM
There was a layer of ice in the bird bath this morning & the wind got icy cold yesterday & today. :eek:

Catsnclay
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Well here in sunny AZ it has been nice, except today was a little too warm for this time of year (it was 88, but Sunday & Monday it will be in the mid 90's :eek: )

We have been sleeping with the windows open, the cats love it. I can say this has been a very mild winter for us. Don't even remember when we turned the heat on last.

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
It's gotten colder here too. It's supposed to be like 47 on the morning of Easter here :(. It's just Dogwood winter though. (Please tell me someone else knows what I'm talking about when I say that, LOL. Is it a southern thing or what? haha)

Karen
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
We never turned it off yet! We had those few warm days in February and March, but we knew they were not going to stay. It's been cool and windy, feeling appropriate for early April weather in Boston!