PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball, Thursday 476....

RICHARD
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Well,

It's time to throw out the first pitch and start the season.

I am going to grill up some dogs and pour some beers!

batter up!

Pinot's Mom
04-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Good timing, barkeep! My husband and I will be downtown tomorrow for the Orioles opening day! I'm going for the first time; Coop has been, I just want to be involved in the party! Hard to care about the game when we've had a losing team for 14 years, but what the heck!

Ball Park Franks and Brews - we're SO there!

cassiesmom
04-06-2012, 02:08 AM
The "new" Cubs look just like the old Cubs! I'll raise a Bud in Harry Caray and Ron Santo's memory.

Karen
04-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Peanuts and crackerjack all around? ;) Here's to the hope that comes with the start of a new season!

catland
04-06-2012, 01:14 PM
dogs & beers sound great - that way I can pretend like its warm outside. :cool:

I have a special treat with Easter just around the corner -

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/peeps-recipes-how-to-make-peepshi-sushi-rice-krispies-treats-easter.html

Check it out!

gini
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
dogs & beers sound great - that way I can pretend like its warm outside. :cool:

I have a special treat with Easter just around the corner -

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/peeps-recipes-how-to-make-peepshi-sushi-rice-krispies-treats-easter.html

Check it out!

I had to laugh out loud. Have you ever seen anything more disgusting than Easter sushi made with Peeps.....it makes even my stomach roll over a bit.
Happy Easter everyone!!!!

lvpets2002
04-06-2012, 03:46 PM
:) LIT & A Hot Dog please.. Go Rangers

Lady's Human
04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I can't in good conscience call what teh Red Sox are doing on the diamond "ball", so, I'm taking to my other spring task, rototilling.

First complete pass is done, time to get a truckload of peat and lime and do it again thursday.

One GIANT lemonade, please, and some muscle relaxants.

Karen
04-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Hee hee - the rest of the board has never seen Lady's Human on muscle relaxants - I'll find some, this should be fun! :D :D :D

Hee hee!

I am hoping the Red Sox will figure things out fairly soon, this has been pretty dismal, and the Yanks aren't doing much better, either!

Lady's Human
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey now, I have some that actually don't have any side effects (for me, but they knock the heck out of others I know who have used it, 'splain that one to me)

No slipping Flexoril into my lemonade, though.

RICHARD
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
IF anyone see Ozzie Guillen trying to sneak in, call the ORC.....

Let me pour some drinks....

Done!

Lady's Human
04-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think Ozzie's walking very well, he keeps stuffing his feet in his mouth.

I'm all for people speaking their mind, but saying Castro impressed him when he's coaching a team in teh middle of little Havana?

Idiot.

Karen
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Glad the team is at least taking action ... maybe - just MAYBE - he's think before speaking next time.

Lady's Human
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
It's Ozzie.....

It's going to take more than 5 games to get him to chill out.

This is the same guy who wrapped the Venezuelan flag around him when the Chi Sox won the world series, and "loves" Hugo Chavez

Karen
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Hmm, anyone else notice we haven't seen Lady's Human since not long after he mentioned the muscle relaxants that "don't have any side effects" for him?

Lady? Lady girl, where's your daddy?

And as of the baseball theme of the week, the Red Sox are now in sole position of last place in their division, and only the Cubs have a record as dismal so far. Sigh. Do they know the regular season has begun and these games do count? Anyone?

Lady's Human
04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
And the soap opera that follows Valentine has started.......when told Schilling didn't think Valentine was a good fit for the Sox, he said "Consider the source".

Something tells me Bobby V isn't long for Bahstin.

RICHARD
04-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Spoken like true baseball fans!

Remember, it's only the first week of the season!;)

Of course, Bobby could be out riding a motorcycle with his assistant?:eek:

Karen
04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Spoken like true baseball fans!

Remember, it's only the first week of the season!;)

Of course, Bobby could be out riding a motorcycle with his assistant?:eek:

I doubt it, not today anyway, we have had rain and hail - not exactly motorcycle weather.

cassiesmom
04-12-2012, 06:13 PM
The Cubs are 2 and 5?! What is up with that? But they won today in fine style.

May I have a Bud, please?