PDA

View Full Version : A serious situation at the Pitt campus

david p
04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
From early february until now, someone has been calling in bomb threats to various buildings at the Pitt campus in Oakland, includind the Cathedral of Learning. To date there have been at least two dozen threats and the students are getting pretty scared. So far no one has come forward as to is behind these threats, and today the Pittsburgh chief of police has called for whoever is behind this to come forward. Everyone's nervous.

phesina
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Good grief, that's awful.

moosmom
04-06-2012, 05:57 AM
That's awful. Sounds to me like a student or two doesn't want to take finals!!!

Trinityagain
04-06-2012, 06:12 AM
I work at Pitt and things are really uncomfortable right now. We are all signed up for an alert system for emergencies on campus and everytime you hear somebody's phone ring you jump, not knowing if it is another alert or a real phone call...my building hasn't been evacuated "yet", but we figure it is just a matter of time. They have traced a few of the e-mail threats to computers in Austria supposedly...

smokey the elder
04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Oh, man that stinks.

Miss Z
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
How scary. I hope the threats stop soon, or that those responsible are caught.

david p
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Today there were more bomb threats at the Pitt campus. I forget the number, but at least 3 or 4. Now you can't get on campus without a proper pass and security has really tightened.