PDA

View Full Version : PLAINFIELD, NJ: Sick and suffering cats (one blind) are being abandoned.

phesina
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
53220 53221
These are pictures of 2 of the 4 stray cats a woman (Patricia) has been feeding in South Plainfield. She says they are friendly to her. She said the calico is about 8 yrs old and a nice cat and spayed. the male cat is not altered. He is shy, looks terrible and she thought just an antibiotic would help(?). He could have any number of issues.

There is also an orange and white male with possible stomatitis/swollen mouth and a blind female cat with lupus that returned last night after being gone for 5 days, I was told she looks much worse than the male below. She has been feeding them outside for years. Now the family is moving to PA and the family does not have the funds for their care. They already have 8 cats and can't take on any more. No one in the neighborhood will feed them when she is gone.

She said they have about $100 to care for their medical needs. Please let me know what if anything that can be done for these poor babies. I got her to agree to bring them to the vet on Monday but I still have to make the appt. let me know if anyone has a low cost, good vet that we can take them to.

Thanks very much,

My contact info is:
Joan Carrino
[email protected]
732-857-4388 cell
732-356-2574 hm
732-584-0400 wk