PDA

View Full Version : Dog ate a HUGE Airhead candy...

04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
My 3 month old 20 lbs yellow lab ate a big airhead candy! What do I do? We can't afford to take him to the vet... :(

Karen
04-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Okay, relax, there's nothing in it that's toxic to dogs. Keep an eye on the pup, make sure he's getting enough to drink, etc, poops look normal and he's acting normally. It's not terribly nutritious, mostly corn syrup and maltodextrin, but not as bad as chocolate would be. And don;t be surprised if he doesn't want much dinner!

Freedom
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
You are so lucky Karen replied. I had no idea what an airhead candy is, and even after using Google and looking at some, I'm still not sure what the heck it is! Ha ha haaa

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much... There's nothing dangerous in the candy. If my dog can eat half a bag of M&Ms and live through it (which she did when she was a puppy, she threw it back up all over me) your dog is probably going to be fine.

luvofallhorses
04-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think there is anything toxic in Airhead candy just tons of sugar.. but make sure you are more careful keeping stuff up from her. :) Just keep an eye on her!