View Full Version : 2 Egyptian Mau Cats Need A Home ASAP

Anikaca77
04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Pets on Death Row
MANHATTAN CENTER

**BONDED PAIR**

ARETHA - ID#A0927780

CAME IN WITH FRANKLIN - ID#A0927782
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403893466289158&set=a.255779241100582.77234.155925874419253&type=3&theater

I am a spayed female, gray and white Egyptian Mau mix.
The shelter staff think I am about 5 years old.
I weigh 14 pounds.
I was found in NY 10026.
I have been at the shelter since Mar 28, 2012.

http://petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=NWYK.A0927780

Spayed, 5yrs, owner surrender, Egyptian Mau

SCAN NEGATIVE
BRIGHT, ALERT, RESPONSIVE, HYDRATED
PHYSICAL EXAM-WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS
Ear mite/flea comb negative
Overweight but not obese
Mild tartar on teeth
Proof of spay provided by owner, spay scar also seen
Tense and skittish during exam, but no aggression, handleable throughout exam
NOSF

Basic Observations: No food was eaten, Urine seen in litterbox
Cage Conditions: No change
Posture: Soft & relaxed
Greeting: Remains neutral (0)
Cage Opens: Remains soft & relaxed (+1)
Extend Hand: Sniffs (+3)
Stroke: Rubs (+3)

Total Score: 7 Points
Behavior Rating: Average

DO NOT call and say you are adopting unless you truly intend on physically going to the shelter to adopt the cat. It ties up phones lines and is a waste of the staff's time to explain the adoption procedure over the phone for someone who is purposely not going to show up. They need every free second of their time to answer calls, assist actual adopters, process intakes, and care for the animals. More importantly, they will note the cat’s file that an adopter is en route which will prevent an actual adopter from saving the cat. This is considered a "fake adoption" hold and that is how cats fall through the cracks and end up being killed.

Manhattan 212-722-4939 (hit 0 for operator, do not leave a message. May need to hit 0 a few times at the end of each cycle to keep their phone ringing)!

catmandu
04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
What a shame it is that those two wonderful Cats are in such dire straits.:(:(
They sound like they were purebred Cats and were at one time the beloved Cat Companion of someone who got tired of them.:mad::mad:
There is a special circle of hell for someone who abandons the small and helpless:mad::mad:

phesina
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
I sent this notice on to Alexandra, the woman whose rescue-needed announcements I have been putting in Cats/Rescue. I asked her to send it out to her network, and she said she would. I hope someone comes through to take these guys home.

I also sent it to an acquaintance of mine in Manhattan, but he said he couldn't adopt them. I also asked him to pass it on to anyone he could think of who might be able to help.

It breaks my heart every time I see another notice like this. I am always glad to know when any of them do get rescued, but I wonder how many just don't. It makes me so sad just to think of that.