PDA

View Full Version : Note for neighbor

catnapper
04-02-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm leaving this note for my neighbor.... I wanted feedback before I tape it to their back door

Dear Axxx and Bxxxx,
Can you please remind everyone to pick up after Cxxxx? We don't mind her in our yard -- she's quite welcome to run around! We do mind the poo left behind.

You've seen Callie return from hundreds of walks. I walk her daily and pick up as she goes. Please remind your family to do the same.

Thank you,
Kim

My neighbor's dog is the sweetest Golden Retriever. They paved their yard completely so the poor dog has no grass. We have no problem with another dog playing in our yard. But they NEVER pick up after her. After a long winter, there's a poo factory in our yard. None of it belongs to Callie. I wanted to ask them politely to pick up.

I like Axxx, and can't bring myself to complain to her. I hate her jerk of a husband. He scares me, so there's no way I'm asking him to pick up. Axxx and her daughter pick up if they saw her go potty. The husband and the boys? Not on your life.

Callie and Cxxx play and wrestle. I want Callie to continue having a friend visit our yard. I just simply want the poop gone. We're tired of picking up after their dog.

happylabs
04-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I would do it! It isn't fair for them to let their dog poop in your yard and not clean up. The note seems pleasant enough.

kuhio98
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Kim ~ Can you take Cxxx for a walk when you take Callie?
The only reason I suggest it is that Cxxx deserves to take a walk and you're going anyway. And sometimes people step-up when they see someone else doing it.

There used to be a neighborhood dog chained to his house. There wasn't a fence in the yard, so he was chained all the time. He could walk a little, but not far. One day I asked if I could take him for a walk and let him run a little. They thought I was weird, but said okay. I did it again the next day and the next. Can't remember how many days later it was that I actually saw them taking him for a walk around the neighborhood.

Pinot's Mom
04-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I have, unfortunately found, even when I have the best intentions asking neighbors to take care of a situation it doesn't come out well. My thought would be to ask the wife in person as opposed to involving the husband at all.

Cataholic
04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Do they not realize she is pooping in your yard?

I would think they know, and choose not to do anything. So, a note is only going to backfire, cause tensions, or maybe worse- make them stop letting her run in your yard.

Karen
04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I, for one, think the note might help, if it gets to the wife. Some people just need to be prompted. No guarantees, but maybe it would at least prompt conversation!

redbird
04-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I think your note was very nicely said and I do hope they will start picking up after their dog. Some people just don't have any common sense.

pomtzu
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I personally, would opt for a face to face polite talk - with just the wife, if the husband is Mr Jerk. That way, you could immediately diffuse any possible negativity and get a feel for how the wife is taking the request. Leaving a note, could leave wife, hubby, and kids alike, in a combative frame of mind, and it might destroy any chance for a peaceful solution.

Randi
04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the note is polite. Not sure what is best to do, leave the note, or talk to the wife. Hmm! You know them best. Could it be that they don't want to go into your yard, because they know it's private property?

Freedom
04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
It was not clear to me from the note that your dog is not pooping in your yard. Your explanation to US seems to indicate your dog only poops on her walks. If I got the right, then I think the note should make this clear too.

moosmom
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I had a neighbor who would let his dog out while he stood on his deck and watched. The dog would come over in MY yard and poop. He'd simply let the dog back inside without picking up it's poo.

One night I took his dog poo (after witnessing for the umpteenth time), put it in a CVS bag, tied it up and placed a note on it that said, "I believe this belongs to you. Please PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!!" and left the bag on his deck.

He got the hint.

catnapper
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I was outside with Callie a couple nights ago and asked the neighbor to please pick up after the dog. She appologised. I told her it wasn't her, it was the male members of the household. Since then I've heard them yelling at the dog to stay away from our grass.

This morning we were leaving to run errands and found a fresh new pile of doggy poo on the path to the car. Hubby picked it up with a rake and shivel and promptly tossed it on their patio. It was gone up when we returned a couple hours later. Amazing how fast poo gets pick up on their property :rolleyes:

I guess we now know the answer to dealing with them. Rake & toss. No more asking nicely because its not working. You know, if I hadn't said something just a couple days ago I would have simply picked it up and tossed it in the trash. I'm waaaayyyy too nice. :o

lizbud
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I was outside with Callie a couple nights ago and asked the neighbor to please pick up after the dog. She appologised. I told her it wasn't her, it was the male members of the household. Since then I've heard them yelling at the dog to stay away from our grass.

This morning we were leaving to run errands and found a fresh new pile of doggy poo on the path to the car. Hubby picked it up with a rake and shivel and promptly tossed it on their patio. It was gone up when we returned a couple hours later. Amazing how fast poo gets pick up on their property :rolleyes:

I guess we now know the answer to dealing with them. Rake & toss. No more asking nicely because its not working. You know, if I hadn't said something just a couple days ago I would have simply picked it up and tossed it in the trash. I'm waaaayyyy too nice. :o

Good for you.:) Some how I knew they would blame everything on their dog.:rolleyes: It only does what they permit it to do. Morons.

Laura's Babies
04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
My answer was going to be just what you did! If you got to pick it up anyway, I'd toss it where it belongs, just like you did! SMART MOVE!