PDA

View Full Version : Can I bathe Charlie?

Digi
03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
I forgot to put a diaper on him last night & he peed in his kennel & he now smells strongly of pee. He was fixed on the 21st & I'm just worried that its too soon to bathe him. His vet is closed so I can't call to ask them.

Does anyone know if its safe to bathe him?

Roxyluvsme13
03-31-2012, 03:48 PM
You're not supposed to get the area wet for 2 weeks after the neuter. Maybe you can get some baby wipes and wipe him down to make him smell a little better?

Karen
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
As she said, I'd not bathe him, but a soapy wet wash cloth around the area may help just make sure the incision area stays dry.

Digi
03-31-2012, 04:28 PM
You're not supposed to get the area wet for 2 weeks after the neuter. Maybe you can get some baby wipes and wipe him down to make him smell a little better?

Shoot, thats what I thought but couldn't remember. I'm not too sure about the baby wipes, but I might pick up some of Natures Merical no rinse shampoo, as thats suppose to help with smelly dogs. I was just hoping that I wasn't going to have to leave the house this weekend. Thanks Charlie :P

Taz_Zoee
03-31-2012, 11:42 PM
I process contracts at the shelter and I was just reading the post-op instructions to someone today. It says do not bathe them for 7 days and do not let them swim for 2 weeks. I guess everyone could have their own opinion on it though.

Asiel
04-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I would try half and half vinegar and water on a washcloth, the vinegar seems to take the smell out.

Kfamr
04-03-2012, 12:32 PM
It should be fine to bathe him - just dont spray water directly on the incision or scrub incision area!