PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning

catnapper
03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I have no idea what inspired me to tackle the basement... but I have been cleaning like a devil. Five huge trash cans full of junk was taken away on the garbage truck this morning. TWELVE empty cat litter buckets were freeccycled. All my too big/small clothes are in plastic bins according to size and season.

Yet somehow after at least six hours work I still have to organize Christmas stufff, blankets and bedding, and a ton of art supplies. Just when I felt açcomplished!

happylabs
03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I have no idea what inspired me to tackle the basement... but I have been cleaning like a devil. Five huge trash cans full of junk was taken away on the garbage truck this morning. TWELVE empty cat litter buckets were freeccycled. All my too big/small clothes are in plastic bins according to size and season.

Yet somehow after at least six hours work I still have to organize Christmas stufff, blankets and bedding, and a ton of art supplies. Just when I felt açcomplished!

It is a never-ending process, isn't it?!?

I did that last year with the basement and a few closets in my house. I was shocked to find out I had an entire dumpster full of stuff to have hauled away. :eek:

Karen
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Job well done so far! That's the good thing about having moved recently - having to go through everything, to pack, save, give away or abandon! Gee I wonder if this week's "Thursday's" thread stuck in your brain! ...

kuhio98
03-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Good job! And thank you for using Freecycle. There are many folks who can use use stuff that don't have the money right now.
And it's great not to fill up the landfill.

I've got a box in the hall closet of Christmas decorations we no longer want. In few more months, I'll post them on Freecycle and I know they'll go very quickly.

Bengalz
03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
We have an awesome spring clean project going on in our office - donating unwanted clothing, shoes, small household items etc. to an animal rescue organization in northern BC who sells these items (garage sales, flea markets, thrift shops) to raise funds for their rescue efforts. It has inspired an incredible response from our staff and the bags are piling up for pickup next week:D:D. I have been really busy emptying my bins!!

redbird
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Ever since I moved into my new place almost three years ago, there was still one closet that was a mess. I finally cleaned it out a last week. I found things in there I didn't even know I had :o It did feel good finally cleaning out that mess.

pomtzu
04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Being one of he world's biggest procrastinators, my motto is "why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow"!
Seriously, I must tackle my bedroom walk-in and the dressers, and the cabinets in my bathroom, before much longer. Once the hot weather gets here, I turn into a slug.
The rest of the house is up to the "owners".