PDA

View Full Version : hi ho hi ho to the vet we go

catnapper
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Me and mini me are going to the vet together today. Me (Pouncer) has been grumpy and bloated so I think he's got another infection. Mini me (Mikey) has been spraying.... baaaadddddd boy!

This should be a fun trip with both boys :rolleyes: and I am starting to think my paycheck should just be deposited with the vet :p

catmandu
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
We are praying that Pouncer:love: and Mikey:love: will be all right at the Vets. My Pouncer Angel:D will be there with her little protege, and Michael Angel:cool: will be there for Michael:)
Its always bad when Our Cat Companions are ill, we worry so much about our Special Friends:love:

Karen
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Hope everyone is good going to the vet, and feels better afterwards!

mrspunkysmom
03-30-2012, 07:43 PM
So how did the boys behave and what were there results? Hope all is well.

catnapper
03-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Mikey got a urine test to see if he's got crystals. I almost hope its medical so we can fix it and move on. If its behavioral.... well I don't know what we'll do. Mikey was NOT a happy camper in the carrier and let the entire office know. I had to work later than expected so hubby dropped him off to me so I could take him to the vet with me straight from work. I left him out of the carrier and he sat next to me for the last hour I was stcuk at work. When I got up to get something, he made such a racket screaming his head off. My coworkers thought it was the sweetest thing, "mommmy! Where ya going?"

Pouncer got "cleaned" where the pee keeps crystalizing on his bottom. We also got a new medicine to clean there every night, which will also clear away all the bacteria that might find its way inside. There was a solid crust buiilt up on his erethra, and despite me cleaning it nightly, it built up pretty bad. The vet combed it out as nicely as she could, but it still hurt :( but my Pouncer just growled a little and groomed his shoulder as she cleaned and decrusted his spot. The vet laughed and said any other cat would have gone crazy when she did that :love:

I showed the vet a lump on Pouncer's side that he is VERY unhappy to have touched. I kept forgetting to mention it to her (thankfully it hasn't grown in size since I first noticed it a couple months ago) She extracted some cells and is going to look at them. She wasn't liking what she felt and if she doesn't like the cell on a slide, she will send them to the pathologist. I am trying (and thankfully succeeding) to not freak out. The vet was calm and didn't go into her speach about how it could be one of many different things.

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
I hope that both of your boys will be okay from now on. I sure hope that the lump on Pouncer's side isn't anything serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

phesina
04-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Prayers for Mikey and Pouncer and you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Prayers and pawsitive thoughts for good test results.

sallyandsnowx
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Prayers for good test results are on their way. :love: I hope all goes well.

catnapper
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Mikey has crystals and I have to get medicine down his throat -- this should be interesting. And pouncie is perfectly fine but she doesn't like to look and feel of a lump. We are to keep a sharp eye for any changes.

Karen
04-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Is it liquid? Do you have a compounding pharmacy nearby that might be able to make the medicine some kitty-yummy flavor? Or even mix it with some tuna juice yourself?

We were stunned when one time Miss Hoppy needed medicine via eyedropper, and instead of fighting us, she decided it was the yummiest stuff ever, and even licked the end to make sure she got every bit! After that, we said - "whatever that "flavor" was, do that again!"

And yes, it took two of us to medicate a 4-pound bunny when she decided to resist! Give me a 100-pound dog I can trap between my knees any day, thanks!