PDA

View Full Version : Big changes for Jackie Loo!

k9krazee
03-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, I have been talking about this for ages and it has finally happened! Jack moved in with me last Sunday after living apart for 5 years. I was so excited, it was like bringing home a new dog that I've known for a long time.

I finished my apprenticeship and exams and am now officially a Funeral Director. The funeral home I'm currently with and living at asked me if I wanted to stay on full time, and as an incentive they told me the "dog ban" had been lifted and they would love if Jack came to live with me.

He has been EXCELLENT. Everybody in the office loves him and he is on cloud nine with all of the attention.

A picture as we packed up some of his things from home
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6879414908_691a9297f3_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7265/6879001524_1cec14f541_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/7025515719_229dfd2f8a_z.jpg

Trying to look comfortable in one of the chairs in the office
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7090/6879416214_ffa4b13b47_z.jpg

I am so happy <3

cassiesmom
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Aww, Jackie Loo! That is a big, happy change! I bet you will bring lots of smiles and healing to the funeral home clients!

Edited to add: The second picture from the top-- I love Jackie Loo's smooth, shining coat! Gentle kiss *kiss* for the top of your head, Jack!

Karen
03-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Congratulations both to you, and Jackie Loo! I am sure just by being himself, he will bring comfort to some people, and he's already properly attired for funerals in his own black coat!

snakemama
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome home Jackie Loo! He's so beautiful!

happylabs
03-29-2012, 04:38 AM
That is awesome! What a handsome boy Jack is! Hug him for me. :)

chocolatepuppy
03-29-2012, 05:25 AM
This is great news! :) Good to see Jack! :)

Alysser
03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Aw Jack!! I am so happy for you and your Mommy!! :D Congrats!

cloverfdx
03-29-2012, 07:16 AM
That is wonderful news :).

Freedom
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Lovely that you can be together! Congrats on completing the training and getting a full time position. Well done!

Tell us about the area, is there a back yard with grass, or does Jackie have to get regular walks (not a bad thing, lol)?

k9krazee
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Lovely that you can be together! Congrats on completing the training and getting a full time position. Well done!

Tell us about the area, is there a back yard with grass, or does Jackie have to get regular walks (not a bad thing, lol)?

My boss lives next door and has a lovely fenced backyard that we can use whenever we want (he has a Golden and a Yorkie) and the owner lives right next door as well (with a Bernese Mt. Dog) and has a large grassy area. I've been training for a half marathon though, so we usually take a long walk early in the morning and run later in the day. This town is so dog friendly and there are fabulous trails all around that we can explore. All of my colleagues have let it be known that they'll help walk him during the busier work times. I think it's going to work out great :D

happylabs
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
My boss lives next door and has a lovely fenced backyard that we can use whenever we want (he has a Golden and a Yorkie) and the owner lives right next door as well (with a Bernese Mt. Dog) and has a large grassy area. I've been training for a half marathon though, so we usually take a long walk early in the morning and run later in the day. This town is so dog friendly and there are fabulous trails all around that we can explore. All of my colleagues have let it be known that they'll help walk him during the busier work times. I think it's going to work out great :D

That is just so wonderful. Dog people are the best! :)

Freedom
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow, you have a great place for a dog owner! I think Jackie is very lucky. :love:

RobiLee
03-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Ashley, big congrats to you! You've accomplished so much and should be so proud of yourself. I'm so happy to hear that you and Jack are now permanently together. I know how much he means to you. I love Jackie Loo, so please pass along some hugs to him from me.

shais_mom
03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
that is awesome Ash! I'm so happy for you on all accts!