PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we're getting a dog...

luckies4me
11-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Well everyone. it seems like we are getting a poodle. Dans aunt doesn't want it anymore because it "doesn't do anything". He's in the house all dzy and doesn't go for walks. She was going to give him to the pound but we decided to take him until we can find him another home. :(

It's not really her fault as the dog wasn't even hers. It was her best friends who died and the dog was left to her. Her mother is very old (my sons great grandmother and Dans grandma) and she is busy taking care of her.

I am really contemplating this because of my baby and I do not know how the dog is with children. ANY weirdness and he has to go as I will not jeaopardize the safety of my son. THe weird thing is that I would love another dog but at the same time it is really scary. Sorry guys, just had to vent.

But I do not want the dog going to the pound. :(

luckies4me
11-15-2002, 11:20 PM
Also I don't know how Wolfy and Tess would react. They are so much bigger than the poodle. I have wanted another small dog since I lost pooka but I still don't know. It's different when the dog is inside all the time.

Aspen and Misty
11-15-2002, 11:52 PM
I'm sure everything will be fine. Worse come to worse I volenteer Mugsy to take the poodle. O Mugsy you know you want to! She seems like the poodle type ;) . I hope everything goes well. Introduce the child and the poodle slowly and I'm sure everything will be just great! Good luck!

Ash

jenluckenbach
11-17-2002, 08:18 AM
good luck.... Poodles can usually hold there own (against the larger dogs, I mean) and they are "happy" dogs, so I bet that he'll be OK with babies. I sure hope so. In the least, you will buy it some time to find another home.

aly
11-17-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Poodles can usually hold there own (against the larger dogs, I mean) and they are "happy" dogs,

They certainly can!!! I had Reece at work with me last week and let him run around the yard with three 60+ lb dogs and two 40 lb dogs (I trusted all 5 of the dogs or I wouldn't have done that). He was definately the boss!

luckies - my dogs are inside with me 100% of the time and I love it!! What are you scared about? Poodles are very clean dogs because they don't shed. And you'll have a lap warmer anytime you want it.

luckies4me
11-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Well the main thing is my son. I don't know how the dog is around children.

Second thing is my cats. :eek: