PDA

View Full Version : I keep TELLING them they're not staying but...MORE PIX ADDED

moosmom
03-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't know. They're looking awfully comfortable to me!!

This is Lucy. She hates to be touched or petted and runs when I look at her. She's looking pretty comfortable here on the heated throw.

Puff on the other hand, is doing great!! He likes being petted, I can pick him up. He is SOOO ready to go to a new home.

They're both on Petfinder.com. However, Lucy, because of her feralness, will probably join other ferals in my friend's Cattyshack to live out her life. We talked about Puff going to Mary's Kitty Korner. But that would mean him going into a cage which I think would undo everything I've done to socialize him.

Freedom
03-25-2012, 07:02 PM
What is "the Cattyshack?"

She looks pretty -- I'd be comfy too, on a heated throw! LOL

Puff, you are a clown!

maid25cats
03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
They are adorable ;)
I thought she was letting you pet her??

My one girl took about a year before she would let me pet her, but
with one hand only if she felt the second hand, she was gone...
i guess she thought I would try to pick her up.
The shelter said she was in the cage for about 10 months.
poor thing hopped around like a bunny from being in the cage.
We have a cat tower. the first time she tried to get on it she fell
because her legs would not stretch that far:( It took alittle while, but she mastered it:D
After 5 years she finally comes up on the couch and lays by me. Shes next to me right now:D
I never thought I'd see the day:love:

Heated throws, what more could a kitty want!
My lap is the closest they get to a heated throw !LOL

You do great work I was following your other thread. Bless You!

cassiesmom
03-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Moosmom, they look wonderful! I hope Lucy will become more comfortable with being petted. I'm glad Puff is doing so well! I agree with maid25cats -- you are doing great work! Hugs, scritchies and lovies to all the other kitties at Moosmom's house too!

:love:

catmandu
03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I was having second thoughts about Scrapster as he has some feral ways and gets into brawls with Tubster Panther and Malcolm , where the fur flys.:eek::eek:
But he loves me and is getting better:):)
We know taht you will dop the best that you can for Lucy and Puff , and that they will both find a FurrEver Home:cool::cool:

katladyd
03-26-2012, 02:19 PM
My Kimba had feral ways and while he loved to be petted, he would bite, too. He got in severe cat fighths with both of the other boys. It was touch and go for awhile, but now the fights are down to the occasional growl and right now, he and Ming (mortal enemies or so I thought) are both sleeping peacefully on my son's bed.
They're not right next to each other, but they are within 2 feet of each other and no growls! Give it time, it will happen; On April 5th, Kimba will have been with us one year. It took a lot of patience sometimes, and I have scars on my left leg from where I stupidly stepped in between him and Ming during an early altercation (did I mention he used to bite?) but it was more than worth it. He is such a sweetie now, a true lovebug, lap kitty!

moosmom
03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Sandie,

The "Cattyshack" is a custom built shed with lots of windows, cat trees and a huge cat enclosure with shelves for them to safely enjoy the outdoors. It's so nice, I asked Betty if she'd let ME rent it!!!

Maid25cats,

At first she let me pet her for a nano-second. But since she has her freedom, she takes off when I approach her. Nothing I can do about it.

moosmom
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
For someone who is feral, she's sure RELAXED!!!

Catty1
03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
LOL! Yup, looks like a total wild girl to me! :D

mrspunkysmom
03-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I think it's a scam they pull on us just to see how far we will go to get them to relax.

She does look comfy :D

For someone who is feral, she's sure RELAXED!!!

moosmom
03-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Or a scam to convince us to keep them. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!! It's getting so crowded in here!!

Laura's Babies
03-29-2012, 04:28 PM
LOL! I LOVE her relaxed pictures, makes ya want to reach out and rub that tummy...... I love their color!!