PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh - help!

Randi
03-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm about to make this cake, but I accidentially mixed sugar with the two flours and baking powder, while I should have whipped the sugar with butter. :o

So do you think I can just mix in the butter with the flour now and then stir the eggs in? I hope that will work!

Here is the cake:

Tosca cake

120 gram butter (room temperature)
250 sugar
4 eggs
250 gram almond flour (you can blend that yourself)
130 gram wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix flour, almond flour and baking powder.

Whip softened butter and sugar until white in a large bowl. Stir in two eggs at a time and mix well, then fold the flour mixture in.

Glazing:

80 gram butter
80 gram sugar
1 tsp. honey
80 gram almond flakes

Put this in a pot and boil for a few min. until it's all melted. Let it cool off a bit.

I poured the doug into one of these:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/SpringForm.htm
... but you can use another kind.

Smear the glazing on top of the dough and bake until it bubbles and is light golden (175 Celsius = low) for about 30 min. or until a knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean and center of pie appears barely set.

pomtzu
03-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I would whip the butter and eggs together, since if you just add the butter to the dry mixture, it might clump up too much. Then slowly mix in the butter/eggs to the dry mix. Nothing ventured - nothing gained!

Randi
03-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks! Yes, that is an option and I may just do that. :)

Karen
03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, because you aren't whipping the egg white, a whole different technique, it doesn't make much difference what spot in the order the sugar goes in! Sounds yummy, enjoy!

Randi
03-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks, it's out of the oven and looks good! :)

gini
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I hope you are sharing this Randi. :D :love::love:

Randi
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Gini, I would love to share it with you! :love:

sparks19
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
glad it turned out well :)

I was going to say, I never pay attention to the order they are supposed to go in lol they just all get thrown into one big bowl (unless it's whipped egg whites like Karen said lol) and mixed up and scooped into a baking pan