PDA

View Full Version : Sherpa's haircut

snakemama
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Sherps gets a LOT of hairballs, and he hates being brushed or taking Petromalt, so tonight I decided to take drastic measures. He was a very good boy for his haircut, it didn't seem to bother him at all until the very end. I know some spots need to be evened up, but he was letting me know that he was done for the night. So here's the handsome boy....his stripes came off!!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/001-3.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/003-6.jpg

phesina
03-22-2012, 04:38 AM
My goodness! How sleek and handsome!

Taz_Zoee
03-22-2012, 09:30 AM
That is the weirdest thing. It almost looks like you photoshopped the pictures.

He doesn't look bothered at all. I would think cats would be embarrassed. We had a dog that was embarrassed when we had to shave his rear end when he got mange. He hid under the car and wouldn't come out.

I also think he looks very handsome! :D

catmandu
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I remember when Moose the MagnfiCat had a lion cut when I first adopted him , and when some people laughed , he ran and hid in his carrier:eek::rolleyes:
Sherpa looks so slim and elegant, and will feel better as his fur grows back!!:love::love:

Randi
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Just the right time of year for a haircut. You've done a real good job, he looks so handsome. I bet he'll get used to it quickly - not when judging from the first picture, though. :D

Give Sherpa some kisses from me, please! :love:

kitten645
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Very handsome boy! Many kisses to stripeless Sherpa! So cute!

Karen
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Suede must be "in" for the season, eh, Sherpa?

pomtzu
03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
In the first pic, he seems to be expressing his feelings about the whole process. I think he looks very handsome and very soft - like velvet or suede. :)

Hey - is that a Laurel Burch bag I see on the floor behind him?

cassiesmom
03-22-2012, 02:47 PM
In the first pic, he seems to be expressing his feelings about the whole process. I think he looks very handsome and very soft - like velvet or suede. :)

I thought the same thing -- his coat looks like soft velvet! And Sherpa, I love your purr-fectly striped tail!

snakemama
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM

It sure is! It's my favorite shopping bag!

Sherpa took a few hours to get used to the feel of his new coat, but he seems very happy today! He's rubbing on EVERYTHING and purring like crazy. I love petting him like this, he does feel like soft suede.

I wondered if he would be embarrassed too, or too cold, but neither one seems to be an issue. He's sitting in his cat tree in the window right now meticulously washing his toes!

pomtzu
03-22-2012, 06:10 PM
It sure is! It's my favorite shopping bag!

Ah-ha!! I'd recognize one of those bags anywhere. I have a couple of different dog print bags.

Glad Sherpa is adjusting nicely. He probably feels a whole lot better too. He sure is a good lookin' little Devil! :)

momcat
03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Sherpa, I'd like to let you know how off the chart handsome you are with your new haircut! The stripes on your legs really complete the look too. Sending scritchies and lovies just for you :love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2012, 09:57 AM
He looks very handsome.:) Storm will need another shave very soon too because he doesn't groom himself like he should. I wish I could clip him at home but I don't think it would go very well or look very good afterwards. I know Sherpa feels very soft and he probably feels so much better too.:)

cassiesmom
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Awww, Sherpa! I am with momcat - I like your tabby striped legs, too! In the first picture, maybe you are telling me what you think of Petromalt ;) (Cassie feels the same way)

phesina
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
To Sherpa's mom: Did you trim him yourself, or did you take him to a groomer?

He looks SO good with his trim!

mrspunkysmom
03-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Sherpa, your mom has given me some ideas for the krew and some temporary relief from my allergies. :D

snakemama
03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
To Sherpa's mom: Did you trim him yourself, or did you take him to a groomer?

He looks SO good with his trim!

I groomed him myself, though I had my sister in law (a registered vet tech who worked at a cat-only hospital for 10 years) come help me get around his "boy parts" and in his armpits. He was really good for it....even though it was his first haircut, I just set one hand on his shoulders and went to town. I'm shocked that it came out so evenly, I have never done a kitty haircut before. I did nick one of his nipples. :( I felt so bad, but he didn't seem to notice.

maid25cats
03-25-2012, 08:50 PM
That is too cute:p His coat looks so soft.
you did a great job!
I have the same cat I wonder if her fur would look the same shaved?

snakemama
03-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Well, Sherpa's was such a success that I decided to try Charlie too. I don't like the look at all, and she did not appreciate the process. She's much more uneven because she was very upset by the ordeal so we stopped after just a few minutes...luckily Charlie doesn't get hairballs and eats her petromalt so this will be a one-time thing for her.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/087.jpg

phesina
03-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Did you use a shaver, or special clippers, or scissors, or what?

Thanks! One (at least) of mine needs a good all-over trim. LOTS of little mats under her fur.

snakemama
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
I bought some clippers at the pet store I work in. They work pretty well!

sallyandsnowx
03-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Good job on the grooming! They both look very lovely, although Charlie doesn't look too thrilled with the new haircut. :p

phesina
03-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I bought some clippers at the pet store I work in. They work pretty well!

Thank you. I'll have to check out the pet stores around here. Is yours a particular brand or mopdel?

snakemama
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Good job on the grooming! They both look very lovely, although Charlie doesn't look too thrilled with the new haircut. :p

LoL, Charlie's never thrilled about ANYTHING. She's such a snob!

snakemama
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you. I'll have to check out the pet stores around here. Is yours a particular brand or mopdel?

Mine are Conair Pro, I bought the 11-piece grooming set for about $49.99.

Laura's Babies
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Can I bring Giz and you shave her? LOL!! Her long fur is causing her a lot of problems now that she is older and I have thought about just shaving her like that. I have hit on something though that I think is working better than anything I have tried so far.... Mineral oil on their food.. I am finding they are throwing up fur ball less and less..It's no longer a daily thing (by several!) but down to only once or twice a week and some weeks ZERO!

I LOVE the way Sherpa looks shaved, so velvety and smooth! I would not be able to keep my hands off of him!