PDA

View Full Version : My speakers don't work!

Sowa
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Can anyone help me? I had to reformat my computer the other day, and since then my speakers don't work. I double checked, it's plugged in to the right spots. I updated drivers, as well as deleted drivers and reinstalled them. I checked under control panel to make sure nothing is muted. My headphones do work, so I don't think it's a sound card thing. Any ideas?

Karen
03-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Try unplugging them, then plugging them back in, you never know!

mrspunkysmom
03-20-2012, 08:08 PM
If unplugging and plugging doesn't work, you might look for a reset button on the speakers. You could also check the volume button.

Sowa
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I found out some of the plugs I thought were from speakers were from my keyboard. So it technically works, but the headset/mic ports from my keyboard don't work now. I don't know if there is a way to set what those "blue, green, pink" slots at the back of the computer do or not, but I'm sure I had them plugged in by color before...like, green/pink from keyboard plugged into those colors, and speakers, blue, plugged into blue. Right now, speaker cord (blue) is plugged into green. Only way it will work. /shrug.

Catty1
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Check keyboard drivers.

sana
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I found out some of the plugs I thought were from speakers were from my keyboard. So it technically works, but the headset/mic ports from my keyboard don't work now. I don't know if there is a way to set what those "blue, green, pink" slots at the back of the computer do or not, but I'm sure I had them plugged in by color before...like, green/pink from keyboard plugged into those colors, and speakers, blue, plugged into blue. Right now, speaker cord (blue) is plugged into green. Only way it will work. /shrug.

Shouldn't the speakers be plugged into the green one and the keyboard into the blue or pink one? That's how our CPU is.. :confused: Well, I guess it's different for you..

((I hate it when one device works and the others don't... it's so annoying.. -_-))

Well, try plugging the speaker into the green one, and the keyboard in the blue or pink one. Hope that works! :-/ :love: And if that doesn't... :( umm...technical support??.. :-/

Sowa
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I downloaded some software or something that allowed me to change what the color jacks in the back mean, so it seems to work now :)