PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Planet on t.v. tonight

pomtzu
03-18-2012, 04:40 PM
For anyone interested in this type of documentary, Frozen Planet is on Discovery Channel tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern time. A 2 hour show about life, etc in the Polar Regions. I know for sure that I'll be watching!

www.dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/episode-guide.html

Lady's Human
03-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the reminder, time to set the DVR.

Karen
03-18-2012, 04:52 PM
What he said! I'm sure they will replay it later, too, thank goodness, as I know we already record a couple things at 8 on Sundays!

pomtzu
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
It's actually a simulcast - also on TLC and Animal Planet too.

gini
03-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Dang, I missed it. Oh well, we had a netflix rental about the dolphin - which I loved..............I will have to look for another run of the Frozen Planet.

pomtzu
03-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Dang, I missed it. Oh well, we had a netflix rental about the dolphin - which I loved..............I will have to look for another run of the Frozen Planet.

What an awesome show. The photography was some of the most amazing that I have ever seen. I stayed up to watch it on the big screen t.v. and in HD, rather than sacking out on my bed and watching it on my small bedroom t.v. :D

If you want to catch more, this is a 5 part series. The next installment is next Sunday night. I'm sure you'll be able to catch a rebroadcast of last night's show too. - just keep a look out for it on the t.v. schedule.

Karen
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Gini, it is on again tomorrow - Tuesday night at 9 and 11 pm our time, whatever that works out to for your schedule!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.17100.30686.34523.3

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
We've bought the complete series of Frozen planet dvd's! They are all stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randi
03-20-2012, 03:29 AM
I love that program, it's been on for a while here and I try not to miss it. There's also one called Planet Earth, which is really good.

sparks19
03-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah Planet earth is the original series. then they did the "Life" series and now the Frozen Planet (I also think they did Blue Planet but I'm not certain it was the same group but I think it was). We have the Planet Earth series on DVD. I'd like to get the other series on DVD too.

We recorded it on sunday and have the DVR set to record the whole series. VERY awesome show. Even though I'm getting too faint of heart in my old age to watch the hunting scenes I REALLY enjoyed the segments about the Orcas. Amazing how they work and live. I like the little blip at the end with the penguins jumping out of the water to get away from the Orcas and Alec Baldwin says "These Orcas don't eat penguins, they eat fish... but the penguins didn't know that" LOL and they shot of the one guy standing on the ice with the video camera while the whole pod rises out of the water only feet in front of him. INCREDIBLE.