PDA

View Full Version : Viewing your RAW photo format

Sowa
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I used to use irfanview to see all my photos, from jpg to my RAW CR2 files from my camera. However I lost the pluggins for it when I had to reformat. I tried redownloading these plugins but now they take FOREVER to open one file. It didn't do this before, and it's very frustrating. I installed the photo program that came with my camera, but I don't like it. I can't seem to resize, or crop. I REALLY want irfanview to work, since I know it so well, but I've tried everything....so can you suggest a good program to view and edit my RAW photos?

Karen
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I use Photoshop and it handles RAW files just fine!

Sowa
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM
I'd like something I can click through the photos with. I don't want to open them into a program (cause I'm lazy :rolleyes:) I found anoter program that seems to work well - faststone image viewer. I just can't figure out how to get it to show thumbnail previews of the RAW files!!

Karen
03-17-2012, 09:41 PM
I'd like something I can click through the photos with. I don't want to open them into a program (cause I'm lazy :rolleyes:) I found anoter program that seems to work well - faststone image viewer. I just can't figure out how to get it to show thumbnail previews of the RAW files!!

If you have Photoshop, it comes with Bridge, which does that.

Roxyluvsme13
03-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I use Photoshop for that sort of thing too. Bridge is nice. However, I don't even know how to shoot RAW on my camera... so :o