PDA

View Full Version : Do you find catnip is to messy?

slleipnir
11-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Ever give your cat some catnip, but then after it's done you have a little mess to clean up? Well, when we were at a chrismas craft thing, my mom picked up this neat thing. Its like 2 peices of fabric sown together with velcro on the end to put catnip in! I just gave it to Smitts and she loves it. Shes rolling around on it, going under it, biting it, whatever, shes thinks its great! AND best of all, no mess!! Anyone else have one like it?

Candycane
11-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Wow!! Great idea...and easy too. Thanks!!

gini
11-15-2002, 10:15 PM
I bought something like that not too long ago for Rascal. He loves it - and it is dribbling - icky mess after he is through with it. But, I don't have catnip all over the place. He loves this one so much that he "hides" it.

I have cardboard scratching boxes and the mess from the cardboard is usually more trouble than the catnip to clean up.
Awful to walk on in your bare feet!

Cataholic
11-16-2002, 08:35 PM
That is a cool idea! Sounds pretty simple to construct, too. I don't really mind the catnip. I put it on the rug, and after a few hours, I just vacuum it up. They seem to like the rolling in the catnip thing. I don't love them getting it in their fur!!!

slleipnir
11-17-2002, 10:43 AM
I usually just put it on the kitchen floor, its not that big of a hassel to clean up, but it's still a neat idea, and they (atleast Smit) reacts to it the same way :]