PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Catrick's Day!!!! (and last-minute Catmobile run?)

phesina
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
We all want to wish everyone a happy St. .... P/C-atrick's Day!!!!!

Meowmie here: This morning I drove near and through the U-M campus this morning, and boy have the celebrations started early around there! At 9am there were already loads of people wearing green, out wandering around and in big crowds in front of bars or around various apartment houses and fraternity-sorority houses.. the party's on!

And of course Ann Arbor's Haggis in a Hurry is doing a booming business too.. lots and LOTS of corned beef and cabbage being served up, starting at the crack of dawn if not earlier.

The big show is on for tonight... There will be a concert of Irish Music and Dancing in the middle of the Diag (the diagonal walkway across the central campus), performed of course by none other than the Kitty Bagpipers with their Uilleann pipes.. the Dancer outdoing herself with her Step Dancing.. and the Sean Nos singer moving everyone to tears with his heartfelt melodies..

Is it true that the Catmobile might be making a last-minute high-speed run to pick up the other Musicians and Performers and Furry Audience Members to make this a night no one of any species will ever forget???

Slainte! (Irish for "Cheers" or "Bottoms Up" or such),
Pat and cats

momcat
03-17-2012, 03:02 PM
We all want to wish everyone a happy St. .... P/C-atrick's Day!!!!!

Is it true that the Catmobile might be making a last-minute high-speed run to pick up the other Musicians and Performers and Furry Audience Members to make this a night no one of any species will ever forget???

Slainte! (Irish for "Cheers" or "Bottoms Up" or such)

Hi Pat, Yes It's true! In fact they left Trenton early this morning. Groucho has been busy polishing and tuning his fiddle while making sure he has a good supply of spare strings. Several kitties arrived yesterday and were singing and dancing to my Irish Rovers CD when Soncat and I got in from work. This morning Trenton's Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe provided us with a wonderful traditional breakfast while stocking the Catmobile with plenty of tasty treats. A few of the kitties wanted to go over to Rite-Aid for some green hair dye but Soncat put an end to that idea. If they haven't arrived yet they should be there any time now.

Edwina's Secretary
03-17-2012, 07:01 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/HappyStPatricksDay-cropped.jpg

catmandu
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
There was a Great Irish Party at Collins Pub near us in Dundas!!:cool::cool:
There plenty of Guiness :D:D Baked Potatoes;); and lots of Corned Beef on Cabbage:):
WE Awesome Angels had a great time, and we know that Boston must have had plenty of great parties too!!
From all we Irish Found Cat Irish Cats:love O Porchies :D:D and Irish Angels.;);)