PDA

View Full Version : Prayers go to all our PTers in and near Dexter, MI

moosmom
03-16-2012, 06:36 AM
A tornado touched down in Dexter, MI today. No deaths, but clear devastation. I hope every one of our PTers around that area are safe.

pomtzu
03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
A tornado touched down in Dexter, MI today. No deaths, but clear devastation. I hope every one of our PTers around that area are safe.

I just sent an email to one of our PTers who lives in Dexter. Waiting (and praying) to hear back.

phesina
03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
I talked on the phone last evening with Gretchen (Grace), who lives in Dexter. She and Doug and critters are fine. Their power is out. They have a generator, but she doesn't know when she'll be able to get back on PT. She asked me to let you know she's okay.

There was some serious property destruction. Some buildings leveled with others nearby not even touched. No serious injuries, no deaths reported, thank God for that.

Where I live in Ann Arbor (about 10 miles from Dexter) we got really heavy storms but no tornadoes.

From today's Detroit Free Press front page:
======>
At least 50 houses were damaged or destroyed after a tornado touched down near Dexter, but no reports of injuries. Elsewhere there also were reports of twisters or funnel clouds near Ida Township, Monroe and Lapeer.
======

More, plus photos and video, at http://www.freep.com/article/20120316/NEWS05/303160005/Warning-Severe-thunderstorm-watch?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE).

pomtzu
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks for that update Pat. I was VERY concerned for Gretchen, and I'm very relieved to hear that she and family are okay.

Bibette & Lulu
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers for all those affected by the Michigan tornado. Thanks for the video link.

phesina
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I just now learned that the Humane Society of Huron Valley is offering emergency shelter to pets displaced by events such as yesterday's storm: http://annarbor.com/news/humane-society-of-huron-valley-offers-emergency-services-for-displaced-pets/

God bless the HSHV!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

More about the tornado (spawned by the record warmth of the last few days?) from annarbor.com: http://annarbor.com/news/dexter/march-heat-wave-spawned-rare-dexter-tornado/

ramanth
03-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear Gretchen is ok! It was so scary how fast those storms popped up. Lansing didn't get a drop of rain that day.

phesina
03-17-2012, 06:59 PM
She and her family are fine. Their power is back on now, but they still don't have Internet access.
She said to thank folks here for all the concern, good wishes, and prayers. She appreciates them very much and will appreciate any more anyone wants to send along.

She should be back on line soon. She told me of the widely-varied degrees of destruction there and expressed the amazement and wonder of all that there were no deaths, no serious injuries.

Sending love to PT friends, from Gretchen and Pat and all :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love:

Grace
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone - thanks for all the concern, prayers and good wishes. We were so very lucky - lost a couple of big trees, and the TV antenna and satellite dish. Power was back about 6pm yesterday - internet around 5pm today.

If anyone is interested in pictures, go to You Tube and type in Dexter tornado. Lots of videos of damage and several of the actual tornado - in progress.

Thank, Pat, for calling and checking up on us :love:
Thanks, Donna, for starting this thread :love:

phesina
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Great to see you back, Gretchen!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

ramanth
03-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Glad things are back to normal for you. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Luckily I'm almost 2 hours from Dexter, but I have several friends there and was SO worried (luckily, I've since gotten texts from all of them). One of my good friends actually ended up being stuck in a locker room during the worst of it.

A few have been helping with the clean up, and the pictures they're posting on Facebook are absolutely awful! If I didn't have a major family crisis occurring, I would have driven up by now to help with the process.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483526_3503087893787_1169413420_33395230_692872545 _n.jpg

So glad no one was seriously injured.