PDA

View Full Version : The Perils of Pinot ... part ?

Pinot's Mom
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Well, it's been a while since the last installment, so it was time for an update. There was an interesting development while Meowm was at choir this evening.:rolleyes:

Princess Pinot went out for a deck romp with Coop about 8:30 or so with the "sheriff" posted at the steps as per usual for this activity. They were not out five minutes, evidently, when Pinot bolted toward the steps full tilt, right at Coop! He glanced at the steps, realized there was a raccoon RIGHT THERE, he grabbed Pinot and held on with everything he had. She was NOT happy and tore into her Daddy pretty well. He was able to finally get her back in the house (his best grip, unfortunately, was on her tail, so this took a bit of effort. We both know you should never grab the tail, but when you're going on gut instinct, I can't blame him).

By the time I got home, her Dad had stopped shaking (and bleeding), Pinot was playing, and everything seemed essentially OK.

Add a raccoon attempt to the list. :rolleyes:

Karen
03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Yikes, poor Coop! Hope you had plenty of bandages handy!

Bengalz
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh dear poor Pinot and poor Daddy:eek: We sure are glad everything worked out alright, raccoons can be nasty.

Pinot it may be a really good idea to give your daddy some extra special cuddles today:):love:

cassiesmom
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Poor Pinot and poor Daddy! I am glad you are both okay. :love:

mrspunkysmom
03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh dear. Glad you are both okay.

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Wow! What a scare!:eek: I'm glad that both Pinot and Coop are okay.:)

happylabs
03-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Wellllll...Pinot was just trying to protect her dad! Glad she didn't tackle the raccoon. That could have been a bad thing.

Bibette & Lulu
03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Aah - when wildlife comes calling :eek::eek:. Glad everyone is healing.

catmandu
03-16-2012, 09:23 AM
We are glad that you are both all right:love:
Racoons can run hot and cold and although they are generally all right with Cats you do have to be careful:eek:
I will never forget when a young Racoon broke in and there he was with five Found Hotel Cats eating the dry Cat Food with his paws, and not one of My Cats thought that anything was unusual.:):)
I wish I had a photo!!!:love:

Freedom
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Goodness me! :eek: So, Pinot was running TO the raccoon, or away from it? Sounds like TOWARDS it!

Heal quickly, Coop! In such a situation, you do what you can to keep everyone safe, and worry about the details like scruffing and not 'tailing' later. It worked, except YOU ended being the one looking beat up! LOL Feel better soon.

Makes you wonder: do I leave nails long in case she DOES reach the raccoon, so she has a fighting chance? Or clip them, so I don't get shredded?!

pomtzu
03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh Pinot!!! Are you giving Mom & Dad more gray hair again? You could have ended up with more than a somewhat sore tail and bruised ego if you had made contact with that funny looking kitty. :eek: Please just stick to chasing bugs - okay?

Hope Coop's battle scars aren't too bad.

Barbara
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I think if Coop hadn't stopped Pinot she would wear a raccoon fur coat by now -so we think it is ok he stopped her as fur is soooo out of style;)

Pinot's Mom
03-18-2012, 08:50 PM
All is well, thanks y'all! As for 'was Pinot running towards or from'? Definitely towards.

Freedom
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I knew it, I JUST knew it! LOL Pinot, life is never boring with you around! :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Pinot what a little tigress you are!!! I'm sure you were just trying to protect your turf from the invading raccoon. Glad you and your daddy are safe if a bit scrached. :love:

Yep, grabbing the tail is our last line of defense sometimes. Just ask Chip!!! He got grabbed by his when he made a break for the back door one time. :D

katladyd
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Pinot, I'm so sorry you suffered the indignity of a sore tail, but think of this: Your Daddy was just trying to avoid a disaster! Just think of what might have happend if you had reached that racoon.:eek: That racoon was very lucky!:D