PDA

View Full Version : Mind mapping - have you done it?

Randi
03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Yesterday, I went to "Fest for fyrede" (Party for fired people) they call it. It was an all-day event and I helped handing out drinks tickets and checked people in (only for two hours ;) ) I joined a networking group not long ago, and we were one of theorganizers. The idea was to network with everybody, and there were several good lectures from various people, including Kaare Danielsen, who is the one who started Jobindex.dk and sponsored it. One very charismatic speaker/lecturer? was Rikke Thygesen.

Well, I searched for precious events and found some videoes. One of them had a lecturer who talked about "Mind mapping" and has written a book about it. I found that very interesting. It's a good way to find your qualities and need to specify what you want when you apply for a job.

The link to the videos are here: http://tv.jobindex.dk/channel/1031654/fest-for-fyrede

'A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea. Mind maps are used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid to studying and organizing information, solving problems, making decisions, and writing.'

http://www.usingmindmaps.com/

Have any of used Mind Mapping?

These are some of the networking groups that attended - I used Google translate:

Powerjobsøgerne
Powerjobsøgerne is a non-profit networking group that offers complimentary businesses to recruit candidates for vacancies. Powerjobsøgerne find candidates among their own members, all job seekers, or in our large network. Briefly, the central idea that active job seekers help each other in jobs through their networks. Powerjobsøgerne found in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Kolding and get the support of Bornholm.
Read more at Powerjobsøgerne.dk (Copenhagen), Powerjobmidt.dk (Aarhus) and Powerjobsyd.dk (Kolding)
See Powerjobsøgerne in TV2 Lorry

Senior Business
Senior Business is a network for job seekers over 50 years. The job seekers will return to work and expect better job opportunities through membership in one of the 22 independent Senior Trade unions around the country. There are 1,600 members of the community actively working to provide jobs to one another.
Read more at SeniorErhvervDanmark.dk, SEHovedstaden.net (Copenhagen) and SEAa.dk (Aarhus).

active Engineers
Active Engineers consists of a network of dynamic engineers who are working actively to find and create job opportunities. In CV-bank, personal profiles for all our members. Active Engineers found in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg and Odense.
Read more at AktiveIng.dk (Copenhagen), AImidt.dk (Aarhus), AInord.dk (AAL) and AIFyn.dk (Odense)

getAhead
getAhead is a network for all active and highly educated people who want to create and maintain a professional and academic networks. We cover all job levels and in many different industries and see our diversity as the network's strength.
Read more at getAhead.dk

Karen
03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Have not used mind-mapping, and think any map of my mind would resemble a bowl of spaghetti, only more convoluted! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
While like Karen, I suspect my mind map would be VERY convoluted and confused and would surely recommend a different profession (and certainly NOT nurse) it is a very interesting concept. Useful in deciding how to present a message so the reciever will understand! Try it, you might like it!