PDA

View Full Version : We need nominations!

Karen
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
If your pet or dog or cat has not already been featured, consider nominating him or her today! We need new nominations so we can keep bringing you the sites every day! Tell all your friends and neighbors if you would, and the how to nominate page is at http://PetoftheDay.com/submit as always!

Randi
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll share. :)

Karen
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks, Randi - and Fister, too!

happylabs
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I just sent an email to about 10 of my friends that I think would do it. I sent them the link to submit and also the link to when Buddy was COTD to give them an idea.

I have been wanting to send in one for Jasper who was my dog from 1983 to about 1988. I need to get pics scanned of him. He was a special luv.

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Ugh, I'm so darn lazy!! I need to nominate Taggart and Jax! I just wanted to get some pictures of them that I haven't already shared. :p I will make that my goal to be done by this weekend. :)

pomtzu
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I need to nominate Myndi, but just about all of her pics show her "glowing eyes". I tried to scan her portrait pics but it so hard to do anything with a black dog, and have it look right. Anyone here that could fix some of her pics to correct her eyes?

Alysser
03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I'll let a few people know! :)

Karen
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I need to nominate Myndi, but just about all of her pics show her "glowing eyes". I tried to scan her portrait pics but it so hard to do anything with a black dog, and have it look right. Anyone here that could fix some of her pics to correct her eyes?

Send them the way they are, I can always fix the eyes.

pomtzu
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Sned them the way they are, I can always fix the eyes.

Okay - thanks. Let me go thru a ton of pics and find a few decent ones. They'll probably need to be cropped too! Hard to get good pics of her since she's always on the move, and not a camera ham like Sparky either.

Karen
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Okay - thanks. Let me go thru a ton of pics and find a few decent ones. They'll probably need to be cropped too! Hard to get good pics of her since she's always on the move, and not a camera ham like Sparky either.

It is easy for me to crop, etc. Just send the originals, the biggest best versions you have, and I can crop, fix eyes, etc!

kittycats_delight
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Will do up nominations for Bella, Frost, Phoenix, Pirate & Opera. Might take a few days to get them all done up though.

I have also shared the link to the nomination page on my facebook page. So hopefully that will drum up some nominations as well.

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Will do up nominations for Bella, Frost, Phoenix, Pirate & Opera. Might take a few days to get them all done up though.

I have also shared the link to the nomination page on my facebook page. So hopefully that will drum up some nominations as well.

I'm going to share your post on FB! :D

chocolatepuppy
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Posted on my FB. I need to enter my cats and a few of my fish, I guess.:o

Bengalz
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Eve's submission is on its way ... DONE!

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I still need to nominate my RB Sunny and RB Starr some time. I'll also try to pass along the website and info to other people too.

caseysmom
03-16-2012, 01:59 AM
I sent Caseys years ago but it was never picked....not sure if you have ones from before that you never picked?

Karen
03-16-2012, 02:08 AM
I sent Caseys years ago but it was never picked....not sure if you have ones from before that you never picked?

We keep all nominations on file until they are used. Was it sent from the same email address you currently have?

caseysmom
03-16-2012, 02:19 AM
We keep all nominations on file until they are used. Was it sent from the same email address you currently have?

I think so...and she could have been dog of the day and I missed it

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I nominated Grandma. Since she is the oldest I figured she should be nominated first. They are all such characters though I may send them in later. Chester would be a great Halloween cat. I have pics of him with pumpkins and ghosts. Plus playing fetch. :D

happylabs
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I nominated Grandma. Since she is the oldest I figured she should be nominated first. They are all such characters though I may send them in later. Chester would be a great Halloween cat. I have pics of him with pumpkins and ghosts. Plus playing fetch. :D

I like the Halloween cat idea. Hmmmm...gives me an idea for another holiday month. :)

Karen
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
happylabs, I emailed you follow-up for Casey's nomination, so check for that!

happylabs
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM

happylabs, I emailed you follow-up for Casey's nomination, so check for that!

Wait, it was caseysmom who said she sent in one and it never got chosen. My Casey was DOTD.

Karen
03-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Whoops, sorry, I meant caseysmom, just my fingers confused you two, but I emailed her!

caseysmom
03-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Whoops, sorry, I meant caseysmom, just my fingers confused you two, but I emailed her!

I need to put a different email address in my profile, I never use this one I have tons of spam there. I found your email though by searching, I will renominate casey and maybe potter and bubba this weekend.

Thanks...

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I've submitted my last two. Although one may not come through. I think I attached too many photos. Oops!
And I was rushed on writing it out, so they're not as good as I hoped them to be. Oh well, it'll do. :) I'm not that great of a writer.

happylabs
03-17-2012, 02:39 PM

Okay, now I remember this. I forgot I had sent in those pics of Casey for New Years last year. She was DOTD on Easter though I think with her Easter bunny costume.

Karen
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
I've submitted my last two. Although one may not come through. I think I attached too many photos. Oops!
And I was rushed on writing it out, so they're not as good as I hoped them to be. Oh well, it'll do. :) I'm not that great of a writer.

No such thing as too many photos as far as we are concerned, and I responded to your emails!

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2012, 06:04 PM
No such thing as too many photos as far as we are concerned, and I responded to your emails!

Yes, got them. Thank you! :D

Vermontcat
03-18-2012, 05:36 PM
I still need to nominate Milly and Izzy. I haven't had much free time online lately so it may take a while to pick some photos and submit the nominations.
Karen, if you don't get them from me by the end of the month, please send me a reminder PM or email.
Maybe I will look through some of my photos now and post a couple in Cat General since I haven't posted any new photos lately.

Karen
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Karen, if you don't get them from me by the end of the month, please send me a reminder PM or email.

Will do!

redbird
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
If your pet or dog or cat has not already been featured, consider nominating him or her today! We need new nominations so we can keep bringing you the sites every day! Tell all your friends and neighbors if you would, and the how to nominate page is at http://PetoftheDay.com/submit as always!

In 1998 my beloved Misty was nominated The Cat of the Day. It is still in the archives, here is the photo I had sent:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/Mistycatofday.jpg

This photo is hanging in my hallway and as you can see she is included in my signature. I will never, ever forget her.

Felicia's Mom
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I have one for Felicia, but am having trouble attaching the pictures. Should they be e-mailed separate?

Karen
03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I have one for Felicia, but am having trouble attaching the pictures. Should they be e-mailed separate?

You can do it either way, what program do you use, I can try to help you through it!

Felicia's Mom
03-24-2012, 01:35 PM
You can do it either way, what program do you use, I can try to help you through it!

Photobucket

Karen
03-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay, you can send them to me individually, click on the photo you want to send so it opens, and then there will be a "share" option, and choose email from within that.

kittycats_delight
04-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Karen, I just sent in nominations for Frost & Bella. I attached several photos for each to give you some variety. Still have Phoenix, Opera & Pirate to do but will get those done soon too. I am hoping to do Phoenix's in the next few days as I would love to get it in before her gotcha/birthday.

Roxyluvsme13
04-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I still gotta get Lily, Bella, Domino, Tallulah, and RB Roxy in. I'll try to get those done eventually.

Karen
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks everyone - as we feature a new pet, dog and cat every day, we always need more! :)

happylabs
04-18-2012, 09:05 AM
I have to get photos of Jasper scanned somehow. He was my Lab before digital. :D