PDA

View Full Version : my furkids like toys!

wayne0214
11-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Earlier this week, I purchsed a couple of irridescent mice for my 'kids and they played with them. So, today I purchased a toy that looks like a dead rat, that you place catnip into. Prince really thinks that it is the greatest. Littlebit even got into the act. In fact, a few of them began to growl whenever they "caught up with it". I also purchased a pole with an elastic string with some flashy tinsil on the end. Amy picked up on it right away, even before I got it out of the package. I will purchase more toys for my cats, because they did not express an interest in them, when I had them in Calif. , but now they do.:)

..........wayne

jenluckenbach
11-15-2002, 02:42 PM
The toy with tinsel on the end of the pole....I have to HIDE that because my cats will do ANYTHING for that !!!!! And they know where I hide it, if I even go near where it is they start to drool. Both Sterling and Jasper will turn in circles until they fall over if I wave it around that long. They actually pant !!!! And catnip toys are a big hit. as are the small balls that look like they are made out of christmas garland. And fur mice, too.

BastetsMum
11-16-2002, 06:07 AM
I have a thing called a cat tickler - its tinsel and feathers on the end of a bendy pole about a metre long. That gets hidden here because bastet promptly sits there and licks it to death before pulling it appart! Or she drags it around the house!

Her mousies get a work out - most of them are balding now from hunts! She also likes catnip fish-on-a-string. Its fun fishing for her. That gets hidden as well or else she chews the string to death!

smokey the elder
11-17-2002, 07:29 AM
I had an ancient cat toy which was a plastic mouse with beads inside and real fur on it. Most of the fur was off it; it was hanging by a thread. One of my fosters from last year, Dylan, would throw this despicable toy up and hit our (10 foot!) ceilings. He loved the tiny furry mice, too. I will probably find about a thousand of them under the radiators if I ever have to move!:D