PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Pgh

Trinityagain
03-09-2012, 08:44 AM
http://www.wtae.com/news/30637631/detail.html

This took place right across the street from the building I work in. My office is on the 11th floor and faces this building, but slightly off center (so not right across the street) but I watched the whole thing...all the police and SWAT teams coming in, the doctors running over from the hospital that is just across the street the other direction...a very scary 2+ hours....

Bibette & Lulu
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for posting the link. I'm a former Pittsburgher (grew up in Mt. Lebanon) and was concerned to hear the news on public radio this morning. I am also a social worker previously working in a community mental health center in mid-Maine - it's never anything you want to experience first hand, but there is always the possibility. Sounds like the staff were well prepared to meet the challenge. My prayers are with the injured and the family of the killed - including the shooter.

cassiesmom
03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
i heard about this on the news yesterday. Very scary and also very sad. They said that it had not yet been determined whether the shooter had any connection to the hospital or to a particular doctor or employee. I'm glad there were doctors who could literally run across the street to help.

Karen
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I am glad you are safe, our prayers are with all those affected, and with you.

david p
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I watched the story on KDKA tv and I thought the campus police did an admiral job of keeping it from being a major catasrophe. I know the area well (having lived in Penn Hills) and it's pretty close quarters there. My prayers also go out to the families of those killed and those who are still recovering.